Benefiting from our continued focus on innovation, Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide. This table provides an overview of selected projects in development. Please note: the Novartis Pipeline data is updated quarterly.
Download the Novartis pipeline as of December 31, 2022 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- INC424Jakavi®Chronic GVHD, pediatricsHematology Phase 2 2024 JAK1/2 inhibitorSupplementary Indication
- INE963INE963Malaria, uncomplicatedGlobal Health Phase 1Lead Indication
- JBH492JBH492Haematological malignancyHematology Phase 1Lead Indication
- JDQ443JDQ4432/3L Non-small cell lung cancerSolid Tumors Phase 3 2024 KRAS inhibitorLead Indication
- JDQ443JDQ443NSCLC and CRC (mono and/or combo)Solid Tumors Phase 2 >=2026 KRAS inhibitorNew Indication
- KAE609cipargaminMalaria uncomplicatedGlobal Health Phase 2 >=2026 PfATP4 inhibitorNew Indication
- KAE609cipargaminMalaria severeGlobal Health Phase 2 >=2026 PfATP4 inhibitorLead Indication
- KAF156ganaplacideMalaria prophylaxisGlobal Health Phase 1
- KAF156ganaplacideMalaria uncomplicatedGlobal Health Phase 2 >=2026Lead Indication
- KAZ954KAZ954Solid tumorsSolid Tumors Phase 1Lead Indication
- KFA115KFA115Solid tumorsSolid Tumors Phase 1 Novel immunomodulatory agentLead Indication
- KJX839Leqvio®Secondary prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with elevated levels of LDLC (CVRR-LDLC)Cardiovascular Phase 3 >=2026 siRNA (regulation of LDL-C)Supplementary Indication
- KJX839Leqvio®CVRR (Primary prevention)Cardiovascular Phase 3 >=2026 siRNA (regulation of LDL-C)
- KJX839Leqvio®Pediatric HyperlipidemiaCardiovascular Phase 3 2025 siRNA (regulation of LDL-C)Supplementary Indication
- LCZ696Entresto® (EU)Congestive heart failure, pediatricsCardiovascular Registration Angiotensin receptor/neprilysin inhibitorSupplementary Indication
- LEE011Kisqali®Hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer (HR+, HER2- BC) (adjuvant)Solid Tumors Phase 3 2023 CDK4/6 inhibitorSupplementary Indication
- LNA043LNA043Osteoarthritis (combos)Immunology Phase 2 ANGPTL3 Agonist
- LNA043LNA043Knee osteoarthritisImmunology Phase 2 >=2026 ANGPTL3 AgonistLead Indication
- LNP023iptacopanC3 glomerulopathy (C3G)Cardiovascular Phase 3 2024 CFB inhibitor (Factor B inhibitor)New Indication
- LNP023iptacopanIgA Nephropathy (IgAN)Cardiovascular Phase 3 2024 CFB inhibitor (Factor B inhibitor)New Indication
NSAI Non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor
Taf Tafinlar® (dabrafenib)
Mek Mekinist® (trametinib)
a EU filing, approved in US.
b US filing, approved in EU.
c US filing, submitted in EU.
d US pending submission, approved in EU
e EU filing, submitted in US.
This information was factually accurate on the date it was published. Novartis assumes no duty to update the information to reflect subsequent developments. Readers should not rely upon the information on this page as current or accurate after its publication date. For the latest information on the Novartis' pipeline, readers should visit the News and Investors sections of our website. This information constitutes forward-looking statements relating to Novartis AG's business, including express or implied discussions regarding potential new products, potential new indications for existing products, or regarding potential future revenues from any such products. Such forward-looking statements reflect the current views of Novartis AG regarding future events, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. There can be no guarantee that any new products will be approved for sale in any market, or that any new indications will be approved for existing products in any market, or that such products will achieve any particular revenue levels.
In particular, management's expectations could be affected by, among other things, uncertainties involved in the development of new pharmaceutical products; unexpected clinical trial results, including additional analysis of existing clinical data or unexpected new clinical data; unexpected regulatory actions or delays or government regulation generally; the Novartis Group's ability to obtain or maintain patent or other proprietary intellectual property protection, including the uncertainties involved in the US litigation process; competition in general; government, industry, and general public pricing and other political pressures; and other risks and factors referred to in Novartis AG's current Form 20-F on file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected.