Benefiting from our continued focus on innovation, Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide. This table provides an overview of selected projects in development. Please note: the Novartis Pipeline data is updated quarterly.
Download the Novartis pipeline as of December 31, 2022 (PDF 0.1 MB)
- MBL949MBL949Obesity related diseasesCardiovascular Phase 2Lead Indication
- MGY825MGY825NSCLCSolid Tumors Phase 1 KARS (Lysyl-tRNA synthetase) InhibitorLead Indication
- MHU650MHU650Diabetic eye diseasesOphthalmology Phase 1Lead Indication
- MHV370MHV370Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)Immunology Phase 1New Indication
- MHV370MHV370Mixed connective tissue diseaseImmunology Phase 2
- MHV370MHV370Sjorgen’s Syndrome (SjS)Immunology Phase 2Lead Indication
- MIJ821MIJ821Major depressive disorder with acute suicidal ideation or behaviorNeuroscience Phase 2 >=2026 NR2B negative allosteric modulatorLead Indication
- MIK665MIK665Hematological malignanciesHematology Phase 1 MCL1 inhibitorLead Indication
- NGI226NGI226TendinopathyImmunology Phase 1Lead Indication
- NIO752NIO752Progressive supranuclear palsyNeuroscience Phase 1 Tau antagonistLead Indication
- NIO752NIO752Alzheimer’s diseaseNeuroscience Phase 1 Tau antagonistLead Indication
- NIR178NIR178, spartalizumabCancersSolid Tumors Phase 1 Ad2AR Inhibitor, PD1 Inhibitor (Anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody)Lead Indication
- NIS793NIS7931L Metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaSolid Tumors Phase 3 2025 TGFB1 inhibitorLead Indication
- NIS793NIS793, spartalizumab1L metastatic colorectal cancerSolid Tumors Phase 2 TGFB1 inhibitor
- NZV930NZV930, spartalizumab, NIR178Solid tumorsSolid Tumors Phase 1 CD73 AntagonistLead Indication
- OAV101AVXS-101Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) IT administrationNeuroscience Phase 3 2025 Survival motor neuron (SMN1) gene replacement therapySupplementary Indication
- OMB157Kesimpta®Multiple sclerosis, pediatricsNeuroscience Phase 3 >=2026 CD20 AntagonistSupplementary Indication
- PHE885PHE8854L multiple myelomaHematology Phase 2 BCMA cell therapyLead Indication
- PIT565PIT565B-cell malignanciesHematology Phase 1Lead Indication
- PKC412Rydapt®Acute myeloid leukemia, pediatricsHematology Phase 2 >=2026 Multi-targeted kinase inhibitorSupplementary Indication
NSAI Non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor
Taf Tafinlar® (dabrafenib)
Mek Mekinist® (trametinib)
a EU filing, approved in US.
b US filing, approved in EU.
c US filing, submitted in EU.
d US pending submission, approved in EU
e EU filing, submitted in US.
This information was factually accurate on the date it was published. Novartis assumes no duty to update the information to reflect subsequent developments. Readers should not rely upon the information on this page as current or accurate after its publication date. For the latest information on the Novartis' pipeline, readers should visit the News and Investors sections of our website. This information constitutes forward-looking statements relating to Novartis AG's business, including express or implied discussions regarding potential new products, potential new indications for existing products, or regarding potential future revenues from any such products. Such forward-looking statements reflect the current views of Novartis AG regarding future events, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. There can be no guarantee that any new products will be approved for sale in any market, or that any new indications will be approved for existing products in any market, or that such products will achieve any particular revenue levels.
In particular, management's expectations could be affected by, among other things, uncertainties involved in the development of new pharmaceutical products; unexpected clinical trial results, including additional analysis of existing clinical data or unexpected new clinical data; unexpected regulatory actions or delays or government regulation generally; the Novartis Group's ability to obtain or maintain patent or other proprietary intellectual property protection, including the uncertainties involved in the US litigation process; competition in general; government, industry, and general public pricing and other political pressures; and other risks and factors referred to in Novartis AG's current Form 20-F on file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected.