Benefitting from our continued focus on innovation, Novartis has one of the industry’s most competitive pipelines with more than 150 projects in clinical development. Many of these projects, which include new molecular entities as well as additional indications and different formulations for marketed products, are for medicines that could significantly advance treatment standards for patients worldwide. This table provides an overview of selected projects in development. Please note: the Novartis Pipeline data is updated quarterly.
- CFZ533iscalimabLupus NephritisCardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism Phase 2 CD40 inhibitor (Blocking, non-depleting, anti-CD40 monoclonal antibody)
- CFZ533iscalimabType 1 Diabetes melitus (T1DM)Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism Phase 2 CD40 inhibitor (Blocking, non-depleting, anti-CD40 monoclonal antibody)
- CMK389CMK389Atopic dermatitisImmunology Phase 2 IL-18 inhibitor
- CMK389CMK389Pulmonary sarcoidosisRespiratory & Allergy Phase 2 IL-18 inhibitor
- COA566Coartem®Malaria uncomplicated (<5kg patients)Global Health Phase 3 2024
- CPK850CPK850Retinitis pigmentosa (RP)Ophthalmology Phase 2 >=2026 RLBP1 AAV
- CSJ117ecleralimabAsthmaRespiratory & Allergy Phase 2 >=2026 TSLP inhibitor (Inhaled anti-Thymic Stromal LymphoPoetin cytokine antibody fragment)
- CSJ117ecleralimabChronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)Respiratory & Allergy Phase 2 >=2026 TSLP inhibitor (Inhaled anti-Thymic Stromal LymphoPoetin cytokine antibody fragment)
- CTL019Kymriah®1L high risk acute lymphocytic leukaemia (ALL), pediatrics and young adultsHematology Phase 3 >=2026 CD19 CART (CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor T-cell immunotherapy)
- CTL019Kymriah®Relapsed/refractory Folicular LymphomaHematology Registration CD19 CART (CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor T-cell immunotherapy)
NSAI Non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor
Taf TafinlarÂ® (dabrafenib)
Mek MekinistÂ® (trametinib)
a EU filing, approved in US.
b US filing, approved in EU.
c US filing, submitted in EU.
d US pending submission, approved in EU
e EU filing, submitted in US.
This information was factually accurate on the date it was published. Novartis assumes no duty to update the information to reflect subsequent developments. Readers should not rely upon the information on this page as current or accurate after its publication date. For the latest information on the Novartis' pipeline, readers should visit the News and Investors sections of our website. This information constitutes forward-looking statements relating to Novartis AG's business, including express or implied discussions regarding potential new products, potential new indications for existing products, or regarding potential future revenues from any such products. Such forward-looking statements reflect the current views of Novartis AG regarding future events, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. There can be no guarantee that any new products will be approved for sale in any market, or that any new indications will be approved for existing products in any market, or that such products will achieve any particular revenue levels.
In particular, management's expectations could be affected by, among other things, uncertainties involved in the development of new pharmaceutical products; unexpected clinical trial results, including additional analysis of existing clinical data or unexpected new clinical data; unexpected regulatory actions or delays or government regulation generally; the Novartis Group's ability to obtain or maintain patent or other proprietary intellectual property protection, including the uncertainties involved in the US litigation process; competition in general; government, industry, and general public pricing and other political pressures; and other risks and factors referred to in Novartis AG's current Form 20-F on file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as anticipated, believed, estimated or expected.