The following are our community guidelines which we ask you follow to ensure we provide the best experience for the followers of our company pages. First, please understand that we work in a heavily regulated industry and cannot engage in sensitive topics, such as discussions about products - ours or other companies’- or treatment options on this page. These discussions are best held privately with your healthcare professional.
Due to these regulations, we need to ensure discussions occurring on our LinkedIn page stay on topic and are constructive. Comments that include any of the following items are not constructive to the dialogue and may be deleted from the company page:
- If your posts are product related
- If your posts include profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content (including images, videos and links);
- If your posts are disparaging, threatening, condone violence or illegal behavior;
- If your posts are off-topic;
- If your posts offer health or medical advice;
- If your posts contain any personal information e.g. names of individuals, email address or phone number;
- If your posts violate another’s copyright or intellectual property;
- If your posts are commercial, e.g. sells products and services, or recruit fans and followers;
- If your posts are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community or are spam;
- If your posts contain proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or nonpublic information;
- If your posts don’t follow LinkedIn’s User Agreement.
Please be aware that fans who continuously and repeatedly contravene the above rules may be blocked from our LinkedIn page. In this case the user would no longer be able to follow our news or comment on our posts.
Medical side effects or adverse events
If you believe that you have experienced any medical side effects or reactions from a Novartis product, you should consult your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional immediately. You can also report these to us directly using the information found on Novartis.com.
We suggest sharing as little personal information as possible on the LinkedIn profile especially sharing any specific data concerning your personal health should be avoided. Should you, however, decide to include a post detailing any side effects, Novartis may need to contact you to find out more information. Posts of this nature may need to be removed from our LinkedIn page; this is due to legal obligations concerning drug safety reporting.
Storing private information
Content you share in this channel is available to the public. Novartis may process, store and use information you chose to share through this channel for reasons such as improving its products and services, reporting adverse events or providing you with assistance upon your request. To facilitate requests, we may ask for additional information which will only be used for the purpose it was initially collected.
In case of an adverse event or product issue you report to us, we will need to store and use identifying information you provide in accordance with the applicable laws. This information is required to be submitted to the Novartis Drug Safety department and/or regulatory authorities.
In such case, we are also required to store your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements/obligations.
If you share personal information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to lawfully do so and to permit us to use the information.
Please kindly note that we may use 3rd party service providers to help us manage your comments which means that they too would have access to any personal information you share with us. Such 3rd party service providers are contractually bound to ensure an adequate protection and security of your personal information.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the Novartis LinkedIn community.