As Novartis continues to evolve into a focused medicines company, we understand the need to move to a hybrid working model. We want to build strong connectivity while continuing to offer our people flexibility in how they work.
True hybrid working is about adapting the work environment to the work to be done. In our case, our work can change the course of millions of individual lives.
Our unbossed working environment offers flexibility to how people work, where appropriate. This is enhancing wellbeing and collaboration, whilst fostering connectedness, developing our talent, stimulating creativity and driving innovation.
Learn more about our ways of working.
Energized for Life is our global wellbeing strategy that aims to play an integral part in unleashing the power of our people at Novartis. Our work is a big part of our lives, but so are our lives a big part of our work. With Energized for Life, we want to support our people to be their best selves and help them to nurture their mental, physical and social wellbeing in an ever-changing environment.
An expert wellbeing team offers the latest wellbeing and performance science to support the balance of energy in our working days - and to transform the way we feel, interact, create, and innovate every day.
Some of our key activities include:
- Wellbeing eLearn which was completed by all people managers in 2021
- “How are you Feeling” webpage with resources to help manage stress, build up resilience and much more
- Two third party smartphone apps to increase self-awareness and develop positive habits in areas including movement, nutrition, recovery and mindset, which are important for holistic wellbeing.
- A network of over 800 Mental Health First Aiders
- Wellbeing assistance: Employee Assistance program to help people with personal difficulties before the problems negatively impact their work environment
Rewarding our people – we are appreciating and rewarding our people fairly, with financial and non-financial rewards and recognition that matters to the individual:
- Spark - Our unbossed global recognition program, empowering associates to recognize and reward behaviors that spark success.
- Compensation - Our compensation system offers competitive compensation that is aligned with industry practice and supports the realization of our vision to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine.
We also offer access to digital resources such as TIGNUM X to help our people and their loved ones thrive in a busy, complex world. It enables our people to self-observe, manage and sustain their impact, on themselves and on others. It helps them to purposefully manage their mental agility, performance resilience,