Project Name: Nurse-Lead Lipid Clinic
Identification of sub-optimally treated ASCVD patients who are not achieving lipid levels as specified in local guidelines
Identification of ASCVD patients who have previously not tolerated or refused alternative lipid modification therapies
Review of treatment options and decision on next steps in collaboration with ASCVD patients
Counsel and optimize ASCVD patients where appropriate
Early identification of at-risk patients who have not had intervention in their health and wellbeing
Identification of ASCVD patients, following risk assessment review, of ASCVD patients who are sub-optimally treated
On-going ASCVD patients support and annual review to ensure CVD outcomes improve equitably
- Project kick off meeting and set up of subsequent quarterly reviews
- Confirmation of recruitment of Nurse; Confirmation of clinical and operational pathway, policy and protocol creation, and readiness to begin the clinical activity. Collection of baseline data, in line with the above Project Outcome Measures & Data Collection table.
- Collection & submission of 6 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress.
- Collection & submission of 9 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress.
- Collection & submission of 12 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress.
- Collection & submission of 15 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress
- Development of business case
- Analysis of CWP data, submission of Final Project Report, Submission of Outcomes Summary
Anticipated benefits to patients:
- Improved access to lipid management care leading to optimal diagnosis and management of ASCVD treatments.
- Enhanced experience around ASCVD with ongoing management of the condition.
- Improved access to appropriate medication for suitable patients to preserve health and prevent long-term events
Anticipated benefits to the Organisations:
- Increased proportion of patients who have ASCVD or at high risk of, reviewed by the lipid service
- Increased proportion of patients who have ASCVD or at high risk of, receiving expert and timely reviews
- Increased proportion of patients receiving guideline-directed pharmacotherapy
Anticipated benefits to Novartis:
- Insight on the appropriate use of ASCVD licensed medicines in line with NICE guidelines, including Novartis’s medicine
- Enhanced reputation, and supporting Novartis’ vision that no patient should have to wait for an extraordinary life, by supporting high quality Collaborative Working with healthcare organisations which addresses the problem of health inequalities
- Ethical, professional, and transparent relationship between Novartis and the Healthcare Organisation
Start Date & Duration: February 2023 for 18 months