Project Name: Detect, Perfect, Protect, Lipid Pathway at Harefield Hospital
The aim of the project is for the Harefield team to provide enhanced tertiary lipid services. A multi-disciplinary health professional team will provide tailored care for patients with lipid disorders.
The main objective of the CWP is to:
- improve the quality of care for patients at risk of ASCVD with lipid disorders
- support the early identification, review and medical optimisation of patients with or at risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) due to lipid disorder.
- Collection of baseline data, in line with the above Project Outcome Measures & Data Collection table
- Confirmation of clinical and operational pathway, policy and protocol creation.
- Confirmation of recruitment of 2 Nurse Specialist roles
- Collection & submission of 3 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress.
- Collection & submission of 6 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress.
- Collection & submission of 9 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress. Development of business case.
- Collection & submission of 12 months clinical activity data. Project Review meeting to discuss project progress
- Analysis of CWP data, submission of Final Project Report, Submission of Outcomes Summary
Anticipated benefits for patients:
- Improved access to lipid management care leading to optimal diagnosis and management of ASCVD treatments.
- Enhanced experience around ASCVD with ongoing management of the condition.
- Improved access to appropriate medication for suitable patients to preserve health and prevent long-term events
Anticipated benefits for partner organisation:
- Increased proportion of FH/ASCVD patients reviewed by the lipid service
- Increased proportion of FH/ASCVD patients receiving expert and timely review
- Increased proportion of patients receiving guideline-directed pharmacotherapy
Anticipated benefits for Novartis:
- Enhanced reputation, and supporting Novartis’ vision that no patient should have to wait for an extraordinary life, by supporting high quality Collaborative Working with healthcare organisations which addresses the problem of health inequalities
- Ethical, professional, and transparent relationship between Novartis and the Healthcare Organisation
Start Date & Duration: December 2022 for 18 months