1. What Personal Data do we process and for which purposes?
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to voluntarily provide us with Personal Data, which may include information such as your name, birth date, email address or telephone number. We may collect and use this Personal Data to provide you with products, services, and customer support, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for other purposes which are evident from the circumstances or about which we inform you when we collect your Personal Data.
Personal Data used for website usage analytics:
Occasionally, we and our third-party advertising and service providers may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies at this site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third-party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to this site and on different pages of this site. We use this technology to measure the visitors' responses to our sites and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of this website. The third-party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the website’s activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire other parties to process information on their behalf. If you would like more information about web tags and cookies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website https://www.networkadvertising.org.
We also use Google Analytics to rationalize our portfolio of websites by (i) optimizing traffic to and between corporate websites, and (ii) integrating and optimizing web pages where appropriate. “Google Analytics” is a service offered by Google Inc. “Google” that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. Google Analytics uses “cookies” stored on your computer to help analyze how users use our website.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website, including your IP address, will be anonymized by use of the appropriate settings (“anonymize” function or equivalent) and transmitted to Google servers in the United States. For more information on how IP anonymization works please see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052. On behalf of us, Google will use the information generated by the cookies for the purpose of evaluating the use of our website, compiling reports on website activity providing us with these reports for analytical purposes.
Google may transfer this information to third parties in case of a statutory obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstances, Google will combine or associate your IP address with other data stored at Google.
You may prevent or stop the installation and storage of cookies by you browser settings by downloading and installing the free Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. We inform you that in such case you will not be able to wholly use all functions of our website.
By using our website you consent to the processing of any personal data Google will collect on you in the way and for the purpose as described above.
We may combine, aggregate, or anonymize Personal Data with data we may collect from or about you from other sources, such as public databases, providers of demographic information, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties.
We may use your data for our business purposes, including audits, monitoring and prevention of fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of our products and services, and for modifying our services.
Also, we may use your Personal Data:
- if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, requests from public and government authorities (including court order, subpoena, or governmental regulation), even outside your country of residence;
- if we need to enforce our terms and conditions;when we believe in good faith that the use of Personal Data is necessary to protect legal rights, the security or integrity of this website;
- when we believe in good faith that the use of Personal Data is necessary to protect legal rights, the security or integrity of this website;
- to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- as part of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding in your country or in other countries; or,
- to the extent reasonably necessary for development of or to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a corporate or commercial transaction.
2. Who has access to your Personal Data and to Whom are they transferred?
Also, Personal Data may be disclosed to a third party if we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation, or if such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding here or abroad.
The personal data we collect from you may also be processed, accessed, or stored in countries outside the Malaysia. Such countries may offer a different level of protection of personal data. If we transfer your personal data to external companies in other jurisdictions, we will make sure to protect your personal data by applying the level of protection required under applicable data privacy laws.
For intra-group transfers of personal data, Novartis has adopted Binding Corporate Rules, a system of principles, rules, and tools, provided by European law that ensures effective levels of data protection relating to transfers of personal data outside the EEA and Switzerland. Read more about the Novartis Binding Corporate Rules.
3. How do we protect your Personal Data
To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data that we collect online, we use data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewall and password protection. In the course of handling your Personal Data, we take measures reasonably designed to protect that information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction and against other unlawful forms of processing.
4. How long do we store your Personal Data
5. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to:
- access your personal data and, if you believe that it is incorrect, obsolete or incomplete, to request that it is corrected or updated;
- if the processing is based on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal. In the case of electronic direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials or with a method to opt in if required by law; and
- request the erasure of your personal data, without affecting our obligation to comply any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
6. How you can contact us?
If you have a question or want to exercise the above rights, please email our Novartis Country Data Privacy Officer at [email protected] or write to:
Novartis Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd
Level 22, Tower B, Plaza 33
No. 1, Jalan Kemajuan, Seksyen 13
46200 Petaling Jaya
If you are not satisfied with the processing of personal data, please address your request to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] who will investigate your concern.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in March 2020. Changes or additions will be notified through our usual communication channels (e.g. via our website).