Novartis has had a long heritage and legacy in Malaysia. Established in 1971, it has grown to become one of the largest pharmaceutical multinational companies in the country that employs over 800 associates who work in the Pharmaceutical, Oncology, Sandoz (generics) and the NGSC divisions.
In 2016, it opened the Novartis Global Service Centers in Kuala Lumpur, one of 5 global centers that delivers solutions in technology, human resource, financial and procurement services to Novartis organizations worldwide.
Through our over 40-year presence in Malaysia, Novartis Malaysia is leading in some of these areas:
- Contribution to Malaysia’s GDP. In 2020, Novartis contributed a total of almost 1 billion ringgit towards Malaysia’s GDP with a total of over RM 217 million arising from Novartis own business activities.
- Employment. 80% of which are Malaysians with Novartis recognized as Top Employer for 2020 (Malaysia) and 2021 (Malaysia, Regional and Global), and 2022 (Malaysia and Regional)
- Clinical Trials (CT). In 2020 we invested across 38 CT’s in the areas of cardio metabolic, respiratory, breast cancer and ophthalmology. About 194 local patients are enrolled in these CTs.
- Local partnering. Novartis contributed over RM 250 million in indirect contribution in 2020 via buying goods and services from vendors in Malaysia, including purchases by vendors in Malaysia along the entire supply chain.
- Giving back. Across 2020 and 2021, Novartis Malaysia has contributed over RM3 million in PPEs, hand sanitizers for frontlines and high risk communities.
Starting March 7, 2022, Novartis Malaysia’s office is located in the new cutting-edge building called Plaza Imazium in Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya. Novartis Malaysia occupies 2 floors and is one of 20 offices in Malaysia to be LEED Gold-certified, and the first office to be WELL Silver certified.
As Novartis continues to reimagine medicines as its driving purpose, Novartis Malaysia is also reimagining the future ways of working for its associates by pioneering an office of the future.