Establishing values and standards
Ensuring compliance with ethical and legal standards starts with encouraging a culture of integrity. Our values and standards – set out in our Code of Conduct and Corporate Citizenship guidelines define the Novartis approach and give our affiliates’ associates guidance in their daily work.
Code of Conduct
The Novartis Code of Conduct sets out principles for ethical behavior, professionalism and good business practice. Our five core principles are:
- Patient benefit and safety is at the heart of everything we do
- We treat our associates fairly and respectfully
- We are committed to outstanding and sustainable performance with integrity
- We strive to be a trusted healthcare partner
- We aspire to be a good corporate citizen
The Code of Conduct is now organized around our commitment to meet the expectations of our five key stakeholder groups: our patients, associates, shareholders, healthcare partners and society at large.
We have written our Code of Conduct in simple, clear language that provides short, practical tools to help associates make decisions when in doubt. The Code clearly states the process for reporting misconduct. All associates receive copies when they join Novartis Group companies, and regular training helps to continually emphasize the importance of adhering to these policies.