CR guiding principles
Our company's corporate responsibility (CR) efforts are guided by common principles. Responsibility is a core part of our business and underscores our purpose of caring and curing.
- We apply our expertise in science and innovation to society's biggest health challenges.
- We take a long-term view and commitment to address global health priorities where we can lead and make a significant impact.
- We are guided by a central philosophy and programs are conceived of and implemented by our divisions and within our functional areas where the required expertise and infrastructure is strongest.
- We apply business principles to investments — talent and capital — where the potential for joint value creation is the greatest; philanthropy plays a useful, but limited role.
- We understand that partnerships are key — improving global health is a goal we share with governments, international agencies, foundations and nongovernmental organizations.
- We measure and communicate the results of our efforts and the impact on patient and societal health.