Corporate responsibility (CR) is endorsed and ingrained at the highest level in our company. It is central to how we run our business.
A Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee (CRSC) meets bi-monthly to give oversight and guidance. Chaired by George Gunn, who is a member of the Executive Committee of Novartis (ECN), and made up of representatives with operational responsibilities in all divisions and major functions of the company, it demonstrates our commitment to CR for the long term and throughout the business.
The CRSC is a decision-making body that makes recommendations to the ECN to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to CR that meets our aims of:
- Reaching more patients
- Collaborating for results
- Doing business responsibly
The committee is responsible for the following:
- Defining CR strategy, policies and standards
- Reviewing the CR portfolio
- Setting targets, defining key performance indicators, and monitoring progress for CR
- Making recommendations to the ECN to define priorities