|Total patients reached (millions)||965|
|Patients reached through access programs (millions)||52|
|People reached through training, health education and service delivery (millions)||17|
|Full-time equivalent positions / headcount2||118 393 / 122 985|
|Turnover: % voluntary / % overall||7.4% / 12.2%|
|Women in management: % of management3 / % of Board of Directors||42% / 25%|
|Misconduct cases reported / allegations substantiated4||1 707 / 893|
|Lost-time injury and illness rate (per 200 000 hours worked) 6||0.08|
|Greenhouse gas emissions, total Scope 1 and Scope 2 (1 000 t)7||1 352.7|
- See access table for additional detail
- Headcount reflects the total number of associates in our payroll systems. Full-time equivalent adjusts headcount for associates working less than 100%. All data as of December 31
- Management defined locally
- The number of misconduct cases reported may change slightly as matters may be reassessed in the course of the case lifecycle. The number of substantiated allegations may change due to the fact that investigation reports are received on an ongoing basis, which potentially leads to a difference in numbers at a later stage. In 2016, the Business Practices Office (BPO) received a total of 3 595 complaints of alleged misconduct, of which 1 888 were deemed not to be related to misconduct and were delegated for review and action outside the BPO investigative process. The BPO initiated investigations of 1 707 reported cases related to misconduct; 893 were substantiated, including 401 that resulted in dismissals or resignations.
- 2016 environmental sustainability data published in the Annual Report are actual data for the period from January through September, and best estimates for the period October through December. They will be updated with actual data in the first quarter of 2017. Significant deviations will be reported on our website and restated in next year’s Annual Report.
- Data include Novartis associates and third-party personnel managed by Novartis associates
- Scope 1: combustion and process, and vehicles; Scope 2: purchased energy