About the Role
In this role, you will define the commercial architecture for Patient Services using existing enterprise architecture standards and patterns. You will guide the design of project solution architecture that adequately responds to a given business/technical problem. You will also ensure the right IT investments are made from an architecture perspective in the Commercial Domain. The Patient Services Architect role contributes to our mission by taking ownership for the overall standards and direction for the architecture in Commercial. You will collaborate with other Architects and support in defining Commercial architecture standards. You will contribute findings and best practices to other domain/enterprise architects in IT.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and communicate the various architecture viewpoints (Application, information,…) of the future state architecture for the Functional Domain. Guide solution decisions for the functional domain.
• Guide the solution architects of the domain, and performs the required solution architecture reviews, following the governance defined by Enterprise Architecture. Incorporate digital and data technology directions into solution architecture design.
• Develop road maps describing the evolution for the functional Domain of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
• Assure that the key solutions of the domain (Enterprise Standard) have a documented architecture (Architecture handbook) stored in a common repository serviced by Architecture Governance.
• Collaborate with the business and domain architects to define a specific solution based on architecture standards & requirements. Seek opportunities to improve the end-to-end process for architecture design.
• Leverage architecture standards, architecture patterns, reference architectures, and other referential means in order to elaborate the most adequate solution architecture meeting functional and non-functional requirements.
• Communicate and explain selected aspects of the Commercial architecture to appropriate partner groups
• Take accountability to ensure alignment with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within solution architecture for Commercial domain scope
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
• Degree or equivalent experience, English and other language skills
• 8+ years of demonstrable experience performing architecture design, end to end solution delivery, implementing IT process improvement.
• Good knowledge of IT solutions in scope of business domain
• Ability to solve complex business process / information challenge
• Experience designing solution architecture with SaaS applications
• Experience in working in projects that are using Agile and DevOps standard methodologies
• Experience with the following technologies: Salesforce, Master Data Management, AWS, Genesys, Integrations, and Data Lake technologies.
• Effectively work independently and in a collaborative virtual environment
• Proficient written and oral presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate to small/large audiences
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network