About the Role
30 is the number of people you will indirectly support within our NOCC and Hub driving Financial Reporting and Accounting (FRA) Operations with a country focus. As Country Financial Reporting and Accounting Head Ireland you will assume responsibilities for overall Financial reporting and accounting for Ireland entities within the group.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the execution of regional / global strategies for own part of the organization and ensure the development of financial reporting and accounting services across the Nordic countries.
• Accountable for all accounting matters and covering finance services to support local legislation and statutory requirements, whilst ensuring quality of financial accounting and management information for internal / external reporting.
• Executive review of balance sheet reconciliations, engagement in month close meetings, Financial reporting reviews integrity and periodic balance sheet reviews.
• Lead all country financial reporting and accounting operations country engagement, including FRA Connect, sharing relevant issues with/and obtain feedback from / to the Country CFO and divisional Finance heads to ensure integration, effectiveness of service delivery, transformation programs and compliance.
• Collaborates effectively with FRA Operations in NOCC, Region and Hub, furthering the strategic goals and communicates to all staff and key stakeholders.
• Provides functional guidance from an accounting perspective for business transactions, incl. ownership of Accounting position documentation for Technical / Complex Accounting items.
• Lead country operational and project teams to achieve country/region/global targets and effectively implement digital finance and process transformation.
• Lead or act as key player on any investments, integrations or divestment in the countries
• Manage activities in the area of Statutory, Tax and Treasury related topics.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
• University level degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Finance or Chartered Accountant / MBA desirable.
• 8+ years of financial experience, with in-depth functional expertise with a good understanding of local regulations, tax, statutory and IFRS.
• SAP knowledge is an advantage
• A passion for leading diverse teams and supporting their development to achieve business goals.
• Experience in managing projects driving performance improvements.
You’ll receive: Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis? 799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential. Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network