About the Role
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
Come to work each day with an inclusive and collaborative DDIT US&I business-facing team. As an Associate Director IM Data Products in the DDIT US&I - Data, Analytics, and Insights team, you’ll have opportunities to contribute to the modernization of the data ecosystem, deliver DnA products to the countries and the core brand teams to deliver exceptional customer experience, reach twice as many patients twice as fast to help them prevail over severe diseases by leveraging data-driven insights.
This position will be located at Barcelona, Spain. This position will require 10% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
About the Role:
• Develop strategic Data platform capabilities to create DnA product/services roadmaps from concept to development to launch, encompassing DnA platform adoption, product engineering, service design, security and compliance, and business process change.
• Demonstrate abstraction of DnA patterns and drive enterprise-wide scalability, reusability, and sustainability of Data platforms/services.
• Incubate and adopt emerging DnA technology paradigms and launch technical data products/services faster with rapid prototyping & iterative methods to prove and establish value. For identified Data technologies, launch to enterprise scale, ensuring value is derived.
• Focus and align DnA innovation efforts with the Business strategy, IT strategy, and legal/regulatory requirements.
• Establish and update strategies, implementation plans, and value cases to implement emerging DnA technologies.
• Drive DnA innovation using appropriate people, processes, partners, and tools.
• Identify and develop DnA capabilities & ecosystem partnerships aligning with DnA strategy and supporting Enterprise architecture and Integration.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Has end-to-end accountability for services and products that are incubated, established, and delivered across cross-functional business areas spanning analytical, master data and data products.
• Serves as point of escalation, review, and approval for key issues and decisions.
• Take decisions on the resource and capacity plans in line with Business priorities and strategies and close collaboration with delivery teams.
• Decide on continuous improvement within the team.
• Decides on the program timeline, governance, and deployment strategy.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
• University Degree and/or relevant experience and professional qualifications
• Solid understanding of Analytical and technical frameworks for descriptive and prescriptive analytics.
• Strong familiarity with AWS, Databricks, and Snowflake service offerings.
• Awareness of integration patterns across MDM/RDM and transactional systems.
• Production experience delivering data lake projects, including data acquisition, quality, transformation, and publishing.
• Strong exposure to data security and governance policy definitions and enforcement capabilities.
• Data product-centric approach to defining solutions. • * Collaborate with business in gathering requirements, grooming product backlogs, driving delivery, and ongoing data product enhancements.
• Agile delivery experience managing multiple concurrent delivery cycles.
• Sound foundation in Analytical Data life cycle management.
• Awareness of Data product change Management and risk mitigation.
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-reward
Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network