769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. At Novartis, being there when and how it matters most for our patients and customers allows us to live our purpose and help bring maximum impact to health outcomes.
Furthering our commitment to transforming medicine for patients, Novartis is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to reinvent how we use technology, data, and customer insights to better serve our consumer’s needs and put them on a path to better health. This includes taking bold approaches that begin with a customer-centric mindset and harness the power of today’s digital and data-driven healthcare revolution to continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
• Do you want to help people understand their disease and how to seek out the proper treatment for it?
• Do you want to support patients achieve the best possible outcomes?
• Do you want to deliver a leading customer experience at all touchpoints?
• Do you want to be at the forefront of leveraging today’s technology advances to create tomorrow’s healthcare innovations?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to utilize the power of digital and data to individualize and maximize interactions with customers. Where you’re empowered to not fear failure when taking smart risks. And most importantly, where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
The Institutional Sales Specialist (ISS) will be responsible for driving appropriate access pull through in targeted hospital with the CRM brand portfolio. Responsibilities will include driving demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned CRM academic and government institutions. The Institutional Sales Specialist will collaborate with CRM Sales, Marketing, US Market Access, Patient Services, and other home office personnel, as appropriate, to implement institution-centric programs aligned with Business Unit strategic imperatives, Legal and Compliance policies.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Accountable for building institutional advocacy around formulary adoption of CRM brands to help drive appropriate utilization of approved products.
• Drive demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned CRM academic and government institutions.
• Works with local partners to create and maintain strategically targeted institutional-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces that influence product sales.
• Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of disease state, the marketplace, competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally complete business opportunities and challenges.
• Performs sales efforts by providing product and disease state presentations detailing approved clinical information to physicians and their staff, while building key business relationships within the Hospital, including key clinicians, administration personnel, and key influencers/decision-makers to network across organization and collaborate on initiatives where opportunities align.
• Lead cross-functional Area Team Meetings (ATMs) for the assigned hospital accounts, creating, implementing, and updating business plans to achieve product access and sales goals.
• Conduct periodic needs assessments with key customers to tailor and communicate customer insights and hospital-related activities to field-based and headquarters-based partners and engage with them to implement new strategies and tactics to pursue business opportunities.
• Provide support to Area Business Leaders in identifying key business opportunities and diagnosing critical business and implementation issues within assigned hospitals and surrounding markets/landscape.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Strong business background.
• 5+ years of specialty cardiovascular sales experience of which 2+ years in Hospital Sales within the past 5 years.
• Must have a high degree of understanding of the CRM community in general.
• Must have a strong record of accomplishment of therapeutic area/product knowledge expertise.
• This is a remote position that will cover Key Accounts in the assigned region. Candidate must be based within that region or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation available.
• MBA preferred.
• Working knowledge of CRM products.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network