576! That is the total number of projects and products on our Global Regulatory Affairs CMC project list. All of these innovative projects are aimed at making a difference in patients’ lives and we need your help.
As senior manager, you independently provide strategic and operational global CMC regulatory direction and documentation for our products covering development and post-approval activities. You bring a foundation of regulatory knowledge regarding drug development, manufacturing, and analytical testing, as well as a collaborative and patient-focused mindset.
Your Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Formulate, lead and drive global CMC regulatory strategy with a focus on innovation, balancing business benefit with regulatory compliance for Cell and Gene Therapy projects/products
• Lead and implement global CMC submission activities (planning, authoring, reviewing, coordination, submission) for assigned projects/products
• Identify the required documentation and any content, quality and/or timelines issues for global submissions and negotiate the delivery of approved technical source documents in accordance with project timelines
• Author and/or review high-quality CMC documentation for HA submission, applying agreed CMC global regulatory strategies, current regulatory trends and guidelines
• Ensure technical congruency and regulatory compliance, meeting agreed upon timelines and e-publishing requirements
• Proactively communicate CMC regulatory strategies, risks and key issues throughout the life cycle in a timely manner to project teams and other stakeholders
• Represent department in cross-functional project teams
• Lead, prepare and communicate CMC risk management assessments and lessons learned on major submissions
• Initiate and lead Health Authority interactions and negotiations.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
• Ability to manage complex CMC regulatory challenges and requirements while leading/working in interdisciplinary global teams
• Well-developed planning, organizational, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills with a collaborative and patient-focused mindset
• Computer/IT systems literacy Education Minimum: Science degree (e.g. Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biology) or equivalent; advanced degree desired
• Minimum 5 years of regulatory CMC experience and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience in regulatory submission and approval processes and ability to deal with complex CMC regulatory issues and requirements
• Proven ability to critically evaluate data from a broad range of scientific disciplines
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the
Novartis Network here:
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]