10! That’s how many pipeline projects Immunology has in Phase 3 or registration and over 25 projects in Phase 1/2.
Our Immunology Unit has a pipeline with depth and breadth and is known to be a talent powerhouse. We are uniquely positioned to have a critical impact on bringing innovative medicines to patients across multiple disease areas. This includes developing Novartis’ multi-blockbuster Cosentyx and several novel agents, with an extensive immuno-dermatologic footprint.
As Global Program Head, you will have a critical impact of delivering innovation, which drives the Novartis enterprise. You will lead Novartis program(s) through the end-to-end development cycle to seek successful registration and market access. You will drive optimal life cycle management of approved assets, and have overall accountability for quality, time, cost, proactive risk management, and compliance.
Furthermore, you will work closely with The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) to develop overall disease area strategies and advise the research and early development efforts. You will drive global development, worldwide regulatory approvals, market access and optimized commercial value of the program and are accountable for timelines and budget
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead a multidisciplinary team of functional experts focused on securing global regulatory approval, market access and optimized commercial value of the program while ensuring this is achieved with a high quality, full compliance (internal and external, e.g. regulatory, requirements) within budget and in a competitive and timely manner, utilizing both the internal or other identified expert resources necessary for success
• Establish short and long range project vision and strategy
• Ensure alignment/close collaboration cross global functions, regions and CPOs in regards to strategy and direction
• Leverage knowledge, experience, understanding of external stakeholders, internal team capabilities and portfolio needs to develop a compelling, innovative vision and strategy for the program
• Establish program strategy and execute implementation through milestones and decision points by leveraging cross-functional teams
• Presentation and alignment of project strategy
• Communicates clear strategy to program team and functions and ensures that it is reflected in the operation
• Ensures rigorous adherence to quality and compliance
• Drive talent acquisition among team members and within their sub-teams including active selection and de-selection and performance management of the core membership of the program team
• Actively coach and partners with direct reports to build and implement individual development plans and conduct their performance appraisal discussions in close partnership with the line-function heads
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD or PhD degree in the related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of drug development experience, including experience in Global Program Teams and with dossier submission for new or supplemental indication
• Deep drug development experience in immune mediated and/or dermatology diseases.
• Prior exposure to and strong awareness of regulatory / market access / commercialization requirements.
• Leadership of multidisciplinary teams
• Innovative strategic attitude
**Some restrictions to flexible working models may apply and will be discussed at interview if applicable
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!