30% of the worlds’ population are still lacking access to the medicines they need; improving access to medicines remains one of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges. We are committed to helping ensure that our medicines are accessible to as many patients as possible, irrespective of where they live, and have embarked on a journey to expand access to our medicines to underserved patient populations in both developed and developing countries, while addressing major global health challenges.
In joining the Access Solutions Centre of Excellence, you will support the further integration and implementation of the Novartis Access Principles, (health system strengthening, R&D, affordability), by partnering with teams across the organization to improve access to healthcare and the standard of care for underserved populations. You will serve as a technical resource and strategic advisor to local teams in key focus areas, with a particular emphasis on health system strengthening, help design new solutions to reach underserved populations, and catalyse learnings and engagement across teams to accelerate our impact and drive patient reach.
Your key responsibilities
• Partner with Global Health and the Innovative Medicines business to design high-impact strategies to reach underserved patient populations. Establish and manage technical assistance hubs in key areas such as health systems strengthening; developing innovative health service delivery models/business models for underserved populations and monitoring and evaluation and impact measurement.
• Deliver advisory services to country organizations and regional/global teams in health systems strengthening, serving as a strategic counselor from program design though implementation as needed.
• Develop strategies to establish communities of practice, effectively connecting teams facing similar access challenges and catalyzing regional or cross-country solution development where appropriate.
• Proactively develop and identify potential solutions, external partners, internal expertise and processes that could support teams in addressing access barriers for underserved populations, particularly those where common barriers emerge.
• Design and rollout user-friendly resources and capability building strategies to support capability building in health systems strengthening and successful solutions for reaching underserved patient populations.
• Engage with key external stakeholders in Global Health including in academia, donors, NGOs, incubators, and conveners in order to stay abreast of best practices and emerging solutions to support the organization’s goals of reaching underserved populations.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Advanced Degree in business, economics, public health, engineering, medicine or relevant experience in Global Health innovation and/or global health entrepreneurship
• 7+ years working in the pharmaceutical industry or global health
• Experience working in or closely with local teams in LMIC/developing country settings
• Experience designing and implementing health system strengthening programs preferred, and/or access or policy efforts to reach underserved patient populations (e.g. innovative access models, policy/advocacy initiatives, patient support program, etc.)
• Flexible and learning mind-set, able to work in multiple technical and therapeutic areas in parallel
• English – fluent oral and written
• Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation a plus
• Experience in platform management and/or developing and implementing innovative learning networks a plus
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: