500 million. The number of patients reached through our work. Our Purpose at Sandoz is to pioneer access for patients. By delivering on our Purpose day to day, we contribute to society’s ability to support growing healthcare needs.
The Associate Director, Government Pricing will manage the process, controls and assignments related to the validation, calculation, and analytics of the following government programs to ensure compliance and integrity, along with insights to enable good business decisions:
• Medicare Part B Program
• VA Federal Supply Schedule Program
• Medicaid Drug Rebate Program
• PHS 340B Drug Discount Program
• All State Reporting and Compliance Commitments
Come join our curious and unbossed team and make an impact on patient’s lives every day!
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Independently prioritize and manage a wide variety of complex responsibilities
• Ensures robust update and completion of SOP’s, SOX documentation and price calculation methodologies.
• Develop, implement, maintain and approve key controls that ensure compliance and timely completion of all government program submissions including but not limited to Average Manufacture Price (AMP), Best Price (BP), Average Sales Price (ASP) non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price (nFAMP), Public Health Service - 340B (PHS), Federal Ceiling Price (FCP) and all state reporting.
• Partners effectively with senior leadership & cross-functional teams on commercial / business strategies and pricing changes to assess government pricing requirements and implications (Compliance and Financial).
• Continuous process improvement mindset and ability to drive positive change within the organization.
• Proactively identifies and resolves compliance issues, questions, or pricing requests received from other units of the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
• Complete and present complex financial models and accruals and provide insights to GtN Forecasting accuracy and business decisions.
• Provides proactive and reactive analytics and insights to the Business that helps improve Forecasting, Contracting Decisions, Pricing Decisions and Timing, Business Planning & divestiture deals
• Provides input and analysis on proposed and new Government Regulations. Provide recommendations for optimal implementation of new regulations.
• Provide subject matter expertise, insight and resources to cross-functional projects and initiatives.
• Collaborates effectively across all internal and external stakeholders (Examples but not limited to: Contract Operations, GtN and BPA Finance, Commercial Leaders, BDL, Legal, Compliance, External Legal and Consultants, Novartis & Alcon)
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree is required; subject area in Business, Accounting, Finance or related preferred
• 5+ years of government pricing experience required
• 2+ years supervisory experience leading a high performing staff preferred
• At least 1 year of experience working with the Model-N / Revitas suite of products preferred
• Strong working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to Federal and State programs
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Financial impact review, forecasting and accrual experience preferred
• Strong collaboration skills, enabling team and organization to succeed
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected].
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network