18 ! The number of countries supported by FRA Operations Team that delivers financial reporting and accounting services, financial compliance and process expertise in the areas of Record to Report (R2R), Request to Pay, Travel and Expense and Invoice to Cash. As part of the Novartis FRA Operation team, this is a new role waiting for you to make change happen.
As a R2R Specialist, you will provide expert advice to superiors for a sub-area within FSC and related key activities; to ensure compliance with external and internal accounting reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Material setup and costing runs, Monthly closing tasks (i.e. inventory provision calculation and review, material variances analysis and amortization, goods-in-transit aging monitoring, GL vs sub-ledger reconciliation)
• Ensure inventory transactions are accurately recorded for any new business initiatives or changes in business processes by active collaboration with key stakeholders
• Follow-up on outstanding issues and ensure prompt resolution
• Timely and quality Novartis Profit Margin Reporting (NPMR) by ensuring correct Sales and COGS data by material
• Perform reconciliation between NPMR and FCRS (Financial Consolidation and Reporting System), check and resolve variances, if any.
• Quality commentary on inventory movement and DIO (Days of Inventory Outstanding) for quarter Balance Sheet Review purpose.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Job Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting / Finance.
• 4-5 years of experience in Fixed Asset/Inventory and reporting. Has high understanding of General Ledger accounting processes and information systems.
• Experience working in a Shared Serviced Environment.
• Experience in using SAP is preferred.
• Proficient in English (written and spoken)
• Experience in process improvement and continuous improvement is an added advantage
About the Novartis Global Service Center in Kuala Lumpur:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Kuala Lumpur delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Kuala Lumpur is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
What makes NGSC special?
Attractive office location, flexible time management, strong work/life balance, flexible working hours, truly multinational and dynamic organization, multicultural environment and cross-functional hub location
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network