1886! We have more than 130 years of experience treating patients. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in Generics and Biosimilars and is committed to playing a leading role in improving access to medicines worldwide.
As Business Planning & Analysis Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for developing and using financial early warning forecast systems for the Medical channel. You will provide financial, budgetary forecasts and strategic plans for the Medical channel and is in charge of consolidation for the country and ensuring reporting system interoperability and data integrity.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Planning, Analysing, Monitoring P&L
• Design and maintain early warning systems for financial tracking, ensuring accurate advance warning for all financial results for the Medical channel; Proactively carry out improved analyses on financial data, supporting and testing information provided by divisional and regional/cluster financial officers; Assist with the development of detailed budget and financial forecasts for use in division and regional, as well as Country, Business Franchise, and Business Unit planning.
• Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining data gathering and analysis systems, including information such as: revenues, expenses, costs, cash flow, pricing & profitability in line with regional and regional requirements, etc.
• Perform all types of financial and economic data gathering, processing, analysis and forecasts to meet company growth targets; Review Medical Channel Forecasts, Latest Forecasts (LFs), Budgets, Strat Plan and analysis of Actual.
• Supervise and Keep track of all Risks and Opportunities for the Medical channel actively handling the P&L to ensure key objectives are met; Optimising Net Working Capital, supervising closely over dues and slow moving inventory.
• Provide BPA support for Medical Channel, ensuring financial analysis is sound with appropriate ROI and NPV’s for all cases. Understand business requirements and proactively provide financial guidance to ensure bottom line is maximized and improved.
• Work with Intercompany to define transfer price and make sure import and selling price declared to DAV; Coordinate with Novartis Global Service Center to make sure quality month end/ year end closing.
• Consolidate financials for reporting of Forecasts, Latest Forecasts (LFs), Budgets, Strat Plan, Operation Plan, and analysis of Actuals; Leads FCRS and SPMR reporting for Latest Forecasts (LFs), Budgets, Strat Plan; Support Head of Finance in the preparation of Monthly Business Review, Latest Forecast (LFs), Budget, Operational Plan, and Strat Plan decks.
• Provide support for BD&L and other projects; Build and maintain Business Continuity Plans in accordance to Global policy and ensure BCM education and awareness in the Organization.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree in economics, management accounting or related field.
• Fluent in local language and English.
• 3 years of experience in similar roles.
• Experience in audit and/or controlling, ideally in MNCs.
• Experience designing and operating financial reporting and forecasting systems.
• Experience in pharma industry is a plus.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!