6,000 scientists and physicians around the world use our data & systems to reimagine medicine and create therapies that save lives.
Our research is focused on discovering innovative new drugs that will change the practice of medicine. Novartis Institutes for BioMedical (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis. We have an open and entrepreneurial culture, encouraging collaboration to make effective therapies.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Integrated Data and Insights Product Line, and take a lead role in driving our cloud data lake product and related data access initiatives.
As a Product Manager in the Integrated Data and Insights Product Line, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a strategy for our offerings to the NIBR scientific community to securely store, catalog and consume key data assets. You'll focus on outcomes and delivery through strong collaboration with other Product Managers within your product line and across all product lines to generate high quality informatics solutions, with a strong emphasis on consistent architecture development, including software retirement initiatives.
This is a full-product life cycle role, from business case and inception, through design and specification, all the way to delivery, support, and ongoing enhancements. You will lead a matrixed, cross-functional product team consisting of software, data and infrastructure engineers, business analysts, designers, and user supporters and trainers that is responsible for delivering on your product roadmap.
Please note that a dual recruitment approach is in place for this role as it can be based either in Cambridge, Massachusetts or Basel, Switzerland. If applying from outside the US, the successful candidate will remain in their current location/country should a Novartis legal entity exist there and will not have the ability to be located remotely. Relocation/visa sponsoring to the US is not available.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing and managing products supporting NIBR Science, data science organizations, NIBR Informatics solutions and architecture
• Engaging with different roles and functions within NIBR to synthesize user input into a product roadmap
• Effectively partnering and collaborating with Managers and Leaders across Novartis to manage the successful delivery of a vision that may extend across business leaders beyond NIBR and also Novartis
• Being accountable for delivery of the cross functional product team
• Assessing product development sprints, outcomes, and improvement opportunities
• Defining and achieving product success and value metrics, prioritizing and managing product feature backlog
• Contributing to the overall business architecture
• Being a product’s champion by demonstrating its value to business leaders across the organization. Acting as the liaison between the product team and users
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll need:
• At least 3 years as a Product Manager and 7 in drug discovery or a core supporting scientific field
• Hands-on experience in projects involving complex pipelines, multiple technologies (AWS, Python, R, Java) and data at scale
• Experience with ML/DL and NLP, Knowledge Graphs, Search capabilities and advanced visualization methods
• Experience with Agile software development and cloud computing environment
• Quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform decisions, with domain expertise in ingestion pipelines and data modeling
• Proven ability to implement consistently, rapidly, and effectively
• Proficiency in English (written and oral)
Nice to have:
• Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in a scientific field
• AWS/Agile certifications
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data.
Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network