15.000 and 1.000.000! That's the number of patients in Switzerland who suffer from the chronic disease multiple sclerosis and migraine. Our neurology franchise is setting new standards by offering new life-changing treatments to patients with multiple sclerosis and migraine.
As Key Account Manager Neurology, you have the overall responsibility for developing long-term business relationships with our customers in Switzerland. You drive sales by understanding in depth the needs and requirements of the designated customers for whom you develop and implement long lasting client focused solutions.
• Overall responsibility for driving sales, promotion and development in the designated accounts to reach commercial goals, orchestrate interventions of Novartis colleagues to reach goals
• Develop long-term trust relationships with a portfolio of major clients including each stakeholder within the customer (doctors, nurses, other account stakeholders and other decision-makers) to ensure long term professional partnerships
• Develop customer development strategy, dedicated KAM action plans for assigned accounts, aligns on account objectives and executes
• Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements, expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their needs and objectives
• Lead the preparation of strategies and individual tactical plans and to give strategic input in terms of analysis, future potential and key programs required for the accounts
• Analyze market situation including competitive intelligence activities on key accounts and key competitors as well as contribute to the mapping of stakeholders, including segmentation and profiling and provide accurate and timely data for the Novartis CRM system
• Organize and create customer events and projects related and not related to Neuro brands, alone or with cross functional Neuro team, in line with agreed business tactical plans
• Lead cross functionally with all colleagues to maximize customer interaction and share information in a timely manner, providing Novartis stakeholders (Brand Managers, Franchise Heads, Sales Reps, Medical Scientific Liaison, Customer Service, Finance and external consultants) insight and feedback gained from customer interactions
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in Health Science, Medicine or Economics or proven equivalence through business experience.
• 5+ years of professional experience in pharmaceutical sales, ethical promotion of products to specialist physician targets
• Analytical and strategic skills to evaluate commercial success, propose and adapt key stakeholder strategy and commercial terms
• Good interpersonal skills, able to work with a group of people towards a common objective, entrepreneurship, opportunity-driven mindset paired with the ability to navigate complex environments, negotiate and oversee teams
• Proficiency in German and English (written and spoken)
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: