1.5 million patient kits are packed in Global Clinical Supply! The GCS Business Process Manager (BPM) is responsible for process excellence and process evolution (in line with the overarching GCS strategy) within the respective GCS unit by acting as the process owner for internal Packaging Operations (covering planning, production master data set-up, primary and secondary packaging, warehousing) and supporting the GCS long term strategy.
The RA Global Labeling Therapeutic Area Lead (GL-TAL) is a leadership position in RA Global Labeling accountable for driving and optimizing the strategy for the creation and maintenance of core labeling and regional/local labeling for development programs and marketed brands.
May also have full responsibility for one or more high complexity brands or development programs.
The GL-TAL serves as the primary interface between Global Labeling and the assigned DU(s) to ensure alignment on priorities and GL resourcing for labeling activities in the assigned therapeutic area(s).
Through effective leadership, develops the functional competencies of associates within the team and works with GL Leadership to ensure resources as needed to achieve business objectives.
• Manage RA GLM(s), support high quality GL contributions, support label issue management and provide strategic advice
• Manage performance (set objectives, support development, review and evaluate performance, talent review and plan compensation).
• Facilitate GL resource allocation to align with GL and DU priorities.
• Represent GL in monthly Development Unit stakeholder meetings or other meetings as appropriate. Provide strategic regulatory labeling guidance/leadership on key projects/products within designated Therapeutic Areas (TAs). Support labeling issue management.
• Ensure timely, clear communications on project/issues/risks on labeling matters with teams, RA GL LT, and key stakeholders internally, and/or with HAs, as appropriate.
• Ensure labeling deliverables for assigned therapeutic area(s). Ensure optimal resource utilization for assigned activities.
• Create and maintain regulatory compliant, competitive and up to date global labeling documents (Core data sheet (CDS), Basic Patient leaflet (BPL), Basic Succinct Statement (BSS) for assigned products.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Science based BS or MS with requisite experience and demonstrated capability. Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) preferred.
• Fluency in English as business language (excellent written and oral), additional languages advantageous.
• Extensive experience (at least 6-8 years) in global labeling or other global regulatory affairs functions with a strong focus on labeling.
• 2-5 years demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in a global/matrix environment in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Strong understanding of drug development and pharmaceutical product liability.
• Innovation in regulatory labeling strategy. Proven ability to analyze and interpret efficacy and safety data.
• Advanced interpersonal project management, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills. Strong conflict management skills. Open communicator.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and develop associates.
• High level of organizational awareness and strong quality and customer focus.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!