Over 40 therapies in the clinic! NIBR Oncology strives to reimagine medicines for cancer patients through a combination of treatment approaches including targeted therapies, immunotherapies, CAR-T, and radioligand therapy. NIBR is seeking an in vivo pharmacologist to join our Oncology Biotherapeutics team in Cambridge, MA.
Join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists and play a key role in the development and application of in vivo cancer models for evaluating novel cancer therapies and advancing the early-stage drug discovery pipeline! The primary responsibility of this position will be to craft, conduct, interpret, and present data from in vivo anti-tumor efficacy and PK/PD studies aimed at evaluating drug candidates in CDX, PDX, and syngeneic tumor models. You will perform animal handling techniques and compound administration while using a variety of molecular biology and flow cytometric skills.
- Design and execution of pre-clinical in vivo studies to explore novel hypotheses, evaluate candidate molecules, establish proof-of-concept, and investigate mechanism-of-action
- Develop in vivo CDX, PDX, and syngeneic tumor models to evaluate anti-tumor activity, PK/PD relationships, and relevant biomarkers of novel compounds to support clinical development
- Work independently and collaborate with cross-functional project teams to execute studies
- Critically analyze and present results within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Careful adherence to animal protocols and proper documentation of data and methods in electronic laboratory notebook
- Thrive in a highly-matrixed work environment and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary project teams
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
- BS/MS in biological sciences with 2+ years of hands-on experience working with CDX and PDX tumor xenograft models and/or syngeneic models
- Two or more years of cell culture experience
- Hands-on mouse handling skills necessary to execute rodent studies, including dosing (IV, IP, PO), tumor implantation, caliper tumor measurements, xenogen imaging, and blood/tissue collection skills
- Experience with PCR, ELISA, western blot, and flow cytometry
- Strong analytical, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills, including a proficiency with PowerPoint and commonly used data analysis programs, such as Excel and Prism
- Must be highly motivated, inquisitive, and creative
Why consider Novartis?
769 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
ACCESSIBILITY AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] (mailto:[email protected]) call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network (https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network)
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.