1886! We have more than 130 years of experience treating patients. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in Generics and Biosimilars and is committed to playing a leading role in improving access to medicines worldwide.
As a Trade Marketing Manager, you are responsible for development and execution of strong trade business plans and integrated trade programs for retail pharmacy channel to drive business growth and expansion as well as management of the performance of portfolios of Core Retail and Rose BUs to achieve the identified business objectives and that enhance patient assess.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Leads in the business development process, account and brand penetration efforts in assigned trade/retail through portfolio management and product inclusion/listing – key imperatives Availability, Visibility and Recommendation
• Propose an annual trade/retail pharmacy channel strategic plan which should include strategic imperatives, trade programs, trade terms (discounts, sales deduction, listing fees, data fee, returns subsidy, and supply chain matter) with clear measurement metrics and KPIs
• Develop and implement the plans and strategies agreed with sales and marketing throughout the retail trade; Plan and align on a business approach and dual strategies with our trade customers that will meet the objectives of both parties.
• Initiate and execute a co-marketing opportunity of two Core Retail and Rose BUs to enhance trade partnership and reinforce category captainship to maximize our brand growth potential.
• Co-ordinate, control, and supervise the implementation of all sales promotion materials and merchandising activity through both the Key Accounts and General Trade; Planning and execution of promotion and new product launch.
• Understand customer profile and brand strategies to lead the development of channel promotion and new product launch plan; Deploy brand plans to customer focus plan; Maintain high service level across partners. Develop and maintain purchase plan if applicable to manage inventory, and regularly work with Supply Chain; monitor SIT; Merchandising excellence.
• Initiate and develop in-store merchandising that best fits store format and shopper profile for effective instore brand visibility; Manage promotion efficiency; Ensure continuous improvement on promotion efficiency via cost improvement projects; Handle forecast for promo packs and manage forecast for whole portfolios.
• Organize regular business reviews with Key Accounts/Customers to supervise the execution of strategies and programs/activities and achievement of defined KPI’s. Work closely with ZP counterparts for efficient management.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 3-4 years operational experience in customer-facing roles including trade account management experience, experience in the Pharma industry is a plus
• Strong analytical and influential skills, ability to draw conclusions based on analyses
• Strong presentation, selling, and negotiating skills
• Be able to translate market intelligence and related information into feasible business strategies and decision
• Good understanding of the generics market and customer potential
• Strong leadership skills; customer focused; great teammate; self-starting.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!