4! Four areas of Global Health Access – Access Solutions CoE, Community Health Models, Strategic Account Management and External Affairs & Strategic Partnerships enabling us to make a difference in people's lives and so far we have reached a total of 16 million people through various access programs. You will play an instrumental role in helping us expand access to our products by working on various innovative business models, helping us reduce the barriers and thus ensure smooth access of essential and innovative medicines for the underserved and marginalized populations across the world.
Associate Director, Access Solutions COE is responsible for supporting COE activities focused on health system strengthening, affordability solutions and R&D with the goal of improving access and the standard of care for underserved populations. The Associate Director will be vital to manging the points of collaboration for divisional partners to the Access COE. Access COE platforms will provide the “infrastructure” for stakeholders to connect, share best practices, and access repositories for toolkits.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver advisory services to country organizations and regional/global teams in prioritized focus areas, with a primary focus on health systems strengthening, serving as a strategic counselor through scoping/business case development to implementation as needed. (Note: global geographic scope).
• Establish and support communities of practice, effectively connecting teams facing similar access challenges and catalyzing regional or cross-country solution development where appropriate.
• Lead virtual education agenda and advise the Access COE team about optimal methods for deploying trainings and access to resources. Develop and support the execution of virtual and in-person capability building sessions on key topics as needed.
• Develop and support the dissemination of resources on key topics as needed. This may include case studies, toolkits/playbooks, and FAQs among other assets. Help evolve and manage virtual platform that stakeholders will use for accessing repository of resources, collaborating, and sharing best practices.
• Support the development of potential solutions, external partners, internal expertise and processes that could support teams in addressing access barriers for underserved populations, particularly those where common barriers emerge.
• Provide project management across multiple workstreams, and drive effective collaboration and relationship management with Global Health, Novartis Divisions, and country organizations to maximize COE offerings.
• Support engagement with key external stakeholders in Global Health including in academia, donors, NGOs, incubators, and conveners.
• Leads the development and implementation of the patient access strategy at (large) country / regional level. To facilitate and achieve optimal Patient Access by building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers at a local level.
• Drives decisions related to patient Access strategy at a local level. -Utilizes insights from cross functional teams and market research to launch, develop and implement high quality Patient Access strategic and operational plans. -Establishes and maintains a strong professional network within the Federal /Regional and local Government authorities, Healthcare providers, Health Economic organizations and other relevant decision making representatives to anticipate and influence legislative P and R trends. -Communicates relevant changes and trends in local health policy environment and Patient Access activities of new competitors to the cross functional team. -Creates and work with the Region/Franchise to agree Business Cases. -Good negotiation skills and ability to conduct (and understand from commercial point of view) tender/deal with the region.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• 5+ years in industry or global health, with significant project management experience
• Experience in at least one of the Access Principles (HSS, affordability, R&D), experience in health systems strengthening preferred •Demonstrated experience establishing relationships and networks, and delivering impact through relationships •Strong attention to detail, and anticipating user experience •Demonstrated ability to approach complex challenges with an inquisitive mind-set; resilient approach to innovation, willing to accept and learn from failure •Flexible approach, able to work in multiple technical and therapeutic areas in parallel •Experience in platform management and/or developing and implementing innovative learning networks a plus
• Reimbursement/listing status, price versus targets, time to reimbursement/access -Revenue, market availability/access -Management of relevant local systems and processes to secure optimal patient access
• knowledge of Reimbursement processes and commercial principles Proven Ability to Develop trust-based relationships with key regional stakeholders
Why consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network