80%! - this is the share of our business going through our wholesale business partners. Would you like to be part of an integrated marketing and sales team responsible for driving our engagements with Key Accounts in the Wholesale industry? Are you interested in using your analytical, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills to drive business growth? Then join our business partner team!
As a Key Account Manager Wholesale, you will be responsible for key account management at a local level, managing specific accounts and relationships. You will manage the business relationship and activities with key accounts in order to foster and extend the relationship and obtain the sales targets. Furthermore, you will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within accounts, developing deep understanding of customer challenges with respect to patients and identifying solutions that enhance patient care.
• Being a business partner and Sandoz Ambassador towards Key Accounts in the wholesale industry or with end-customers – incl. daily face-to-face or virtual interactions
• Planning, definition, internal coordination, negotiation of sales and marketing services with the defined key accounts as well as timely drawing up and closing business agreements
• Planning sales of the defined key accounts as well as close monitoring and coordination of the monthly forecasts (including sell-out and reach / stock in trade) with finance and the wholesale customers
• Continuous monitoring of the defined parameters (purchasing conditions, data delivery, etc.) and KPIs (sales / turnover, warehouse data, etc.) as well as ensuring communication between all stakeholders
• For product launches, product changes (switches) and prunings (termination of sales): planning of initial order quantities and associated measures, definition of master data and referencing documents as well as coordination and scheduling in cooperation with all relevant internal and external business partners
• Coordination, control, account allocation and forwarding of monthly invoices (discounts, special conditions, logistics costs, services, fees, incentives, etc.) based on customer contracts and in compliance with all requirements
• Coordination and communication of price adjustments, monitoring of the feedback and ensuring the stock value adjustments by customer service as well as ensuring the return conditions (guidelines for handling expired goods by wholesalers)
• Acting as a well-functioning duet with our National KAM, incl. joint participation in Business Reviews, support in complex negotiations and replacement in case of absence
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor degree in economics / science or comparable
• 2+ years of professional experience with data analytics and handling KPIs &/ metrics or in a sales role, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry or FMCG
• Strong analytical, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
• User knowledge of the MS Office Suite, especially very good knowledge of Excel, SAP queries, BI applications, CRM tools (Qlik View, Pitcher, Salesforce, etc.).
• Proficiency in German and English (written and spoken), French and/or Italian is an advantage
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Group Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: