105,000 people reimagining medicine for more than 769 million people globally. India is not just the diabetes capital of the world but has another condition dangerously taking charge - Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). It commonly presents as heart attack, peripheral artery disease, angina, stroke & is the most common form of cardiovascular disease. We are looking for a Launch Leader to help launch Inclisiran, which can significantly improve cholesterol management and improve the quality of life of people living with ASCVD.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
• To lead, manage and develop the overall performance of the business franchise/unit's current and future product portfolio and deliver sales and profits within agreed budgets. Lead and develop a high-performing sales and marketing team and build effective and enduring business relationships with key customers/ stakeholders. Typically leads a very small revenue organization, covering both sales and marketing activities, with responsibility to drive performance and develop operational strategy of a specific product portfolio.
• Accountable for delivering the business unit/ franchise sales, market share, and profitability to meet or exceed budget targets -Define, develop and implement short and long-term strategic marketing and sales plans in line with regional & global marketing strategy. Monitor market trends, sales and product performance, conduct regular reviews against plans and take corrective action as required.
• Drive the growth of the BU/ BF by establishing growth plans for existing products, effectively manage their life cycle, successfully launch line extensions and new products; establish and manage effective strategic partnerships, define, drive and oversee the launch planning and execution of upcoming key launches by ensuring seamless cross-functional and (as applicable) cross-divisional collaboration, develop and strengthen strategic relationships with customers (e.g. physicians, key accounts, specialty pharmacies, KOLs and payors) to support medical and commercial activities in alignment with compliance guidelines Optimize sales force performance and return on investment.
• Enhance sales force capabilities and continue to develop innovative commercial strategies to ensure success in an evolving healthcare environment, Partner with other franchise heads and support in the development of an agile, customer-led digital and customer solutions strategy which meets the evolving needs of the business, our customers and patients.
• Responsible for the budget and financial performance of the unit, ensure alignment to all Ethics, Risk & Compliance policies and manage key processes. -Successfully lead the franchise team, managing all people-management related processes (recruiting, performance management, coaching). Identify and build key capabilities, talent pipeline and ensure proper development of assigned people, reporting of technical complaints / adverse events / special case scenarios related to Novartis products within 24 hours of receipt distribution of marketing samples (where applicable)
• To lead the launch and exponential growth of Inclisiran through innovative commercial partnerships and building strong customer advocacy. Drive development, and implementation of an end-to-end launch product by displaying exceptional thought and leadership in sales, marketing, access and collaborating across functions.
• Major Accountabilities: Develop robust and actionable customer insights and imbibe them in the business strategies, drive best-in-class launch strategy for Inclisiran through innovative commercial partnerships and “go to market” models with various stakeholders to deliver business objectives, collaborate across various functions for building and executing comprehensive business strategies which secure exponential growth for innovative products, effectively lead sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams to generate superior outcomes, work with Regional and Global Teams to align India strategies with Global / Region Key Imperatives, responsible for setting performance management objectives and assessment of individual performance vs. objectives. To be responsible for the effective leadership, management, coaching and counselling of the launch team KPIs/ Measures of success
• Ability to explore and secure partnerships (Govt and non-Govt including Corporate hospitals, Private insurance), Performance in terms of Topline, Bottomline, Market share, Budget allocation and management development of new engagement models with stakeholders, BU revenue and revenue growth, market share and market share growth, profitability -Operational Excellence -Our Voice survey, D&I KPIs, Capability development, Succession plans strength, High profile turnover
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
• Collaborating across boundaries Exposure to other non-Pharma industries / businesses Influential Leadership and Communication in Commercial & Medical affairs Ability to work and lead (a cross-functional team) in a matrix environment Commercial experience and/or leadership experience in Healthcare Experience
• Experience which cuts across industries and functions preferred, Strong Digital skills to collaboratively develop new engagement models with customers and other stakeholders
• Extensive experience in sales & marketing in leadership roles
• Product Launch experience, Strong Project management capabilities
• Ability to connect-the-dots, see the big picture, enterprise mindset, systems thinking
• Good understanding of country, regional and local dynamics, including regulatory and market environments preferred, Multi-channel management
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network