With 64 manufacturing sites in 26 countries, our aspiration is to become the top manufacturer of innovative and generic medicines in the industry
Responsible for releasing and controlling production lines, ensuring production line staff are operating the lines and handling the material/equipment according to product specifications, reviewing batch paperwork, performing line clearances, setting up and monitoring all batches
• • Provides direction/line assignments to packaging personnel to meet schedule adherence.
• Starts up production lines at the beginning of the shift and at the start of batches to release lines.
• Monitors lines including correct weights, lot number, expiration date and scans in drums of product.
• Calculates and documents in Filling Instructions tare weights for each packaging component number.
• Reviews batch paperwork for accuracy and issues to the batch records clerk.
• Checks and prepares paperwork for upcoming batches.
• Sets up and monitors cleaning and filling Validation batches according to protocols.
• Accepts and controls labels for individual orders. Counts and verifies labeling, packaging components and finished product against pick list, material list report, and palletizing pattern.
• Processes paperwork for Labeling Returns and brings returns to the Label Room or the Batch Clerks Office.
• Verifies correctness of components and product per the Filling Instructions.
• Reconcile, Track and Trace quantity and prints pallet tickets
• Enters counts electronically and documents line status in log books.
• Performs line clearances, counts and documents returns to stock.
• Performs SAP transactions such as Return to Stock (RTS) or paper transfer using scanning guns.
• Sets up electronic marquees indicating the product information for production lines.
• May calibrate scales/checkweighers on a daily basis or when moved to new locations on the production floor.
• Checks all cleaned parts on the production line.
• Provides feedback on operator performance.
• Interacts with production management, mechanics, and Quality Assurance.
• Participates in training of new employees.
• Contributes to the team by supporting other lines and roles as necessary to maintain operational efficiency.
• Maintain effective communication between shifts.
• Maintains compliance with SOPs, good documentation practices (GDP), training requirements, Company and safety policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
• Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMP’s, company policies, and all other quality or regulatory requirements (OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.).
• Ensures all work is performed in a safe, effective manner, and in compliance with the appropriate industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards, and Departmental, Plant, and Corporate quality and safety Behaviors.
Note: This position may require the labeling, packaging or movement of hazardous (flammable, corrosive, toxic, etc.) waste within the facility. If so, this employee would be trained under OSHA’s HAZWOPER standard, 29 CFR 1910.120 as an 8-Hour first responder, 24-Hour incident commander, or a 40-Hour incident commander.
In lieu of HAZWOPER training, the employee will receive training on the requirements of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act pursuant to 40 CFR 265.16.
All employees that have received the above-mentioned training upon hire will receive annual refresher training that covers the OSHA HAZWOPER standard and the requirements of RCRA.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• High School Diploma or GED
• At least two years of experience in filling and packaging of pharmaceutical products
• Basic knowledge of computer applications, including inventory system and Microsoft Office, (i.e Outlook excel and word).
• Basic knowledge in basic level arithmetic. Working knowledge of metric system.
• Ability to lift up to thirty pounds, to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time, and to maintain a high level of activity, as well as the use of a pallet jack.
• Knowledge of cGMP and SOP procedures for filling and packaging of pharmaceutical products
• SAP knowledge a plus!
• Supervisory experience a plus!
2nd Shift: M-F 3pm-11:45pm
769 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
Why Consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877) 395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.