Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive forecasting and budgetary requirements of Clinical program and Work Package (WP) by providing consolidated latest estimates on current year and future year planning. Identify issues and propose mitigating plans for facilitating decision making. Deliver best ratio between trial cost (cost efficiency and productivity) and operational and scientific requirements to deliver trial protocol as per expectations
• Develop and agree on the Clinical trial and program forecasts with the Clinical Trial Teams (CTT) and Global Program Teams (GPT) and assist with securing approvals. Initiate and lead resource review meetings. Challenge and track program/trial timelines, resource requirements and expenditures and initiate adjustments as needed. Liaise with the GPH/GPTD/GBMD and other global line functions to assist clinical teams with securing sufficient internal and external resources.
• Provide accurate monthly functional latest outlook and forecasts for Clinical trial in alignment with program management and operational stakeholders objectives. Lead yearly review of Clinical trial total lifetime cost estimates and lead clinical yearly forecast review meetings (Budget cycles)
• Influence Global Program Teams (GPT) stakeholders and demonstrate ability to successfully work to support planning, to harmonize forecasting planning efforts and to seek to improve systems on a continuous basis. Ability to influence and support various sub teams similarly.
• Cross check several programs and prepare or coordinate performance and compliance reports and support creating, driving and implementing productivity targets.
• Ensure that program specific standards and metrics are developed and applied. Ensure processes are implemented consistently across the program(s). Ensure Clinical trial planning and forecasting systems are accurate regarding timelines, forecasts and expenditures. Liaison with global departments regarding forecasts and status of program timelines, internal and external resources.
• Extended member of the Clinical Trial Team (CTT) and active member of International Clinical Team (ICT) and provide budget and forecast process training to Clinical staff.
• Provide input to the development of process standards/tools and performance metrics to achieve forecasting excellence in GDO. Drive implementation to achieve results faster, economically and more effectively in cooperation with key stakeholders. Drive Clinical trial forecasts in alignment and compliance with the approved WP funds.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Bachelor degree in life science OR bachelor deg. in business with 6–8 years drug development experience. Advance degree preferred (PhD., MBA desired or equivalent)
• At least 5 to 7 years experience in Drug Development in Pharmaceutical Industry or with a vendor/provider from Pharma
• Excellent understanding of the Clinical Development process and management of clinical trials. Superior understanding of common pricing and contracting models for clinical services.
• Strong clinical background and strong understanding of cost drivers and benchmarks for clinical trials as it relates to contracts and cost reductions; ability to speak intelligently regarding cost drivers and comparative analyses.
• Demonstrated ability of completing projects on time and within budget. Experience in working with electronic databases, clinical and/or project management planning and reporting systems.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills. Excellent influencing and negotiating skills and superior problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated willingness to make decisions and to take responsibility for such. Excellent interpersonal skills (team player).
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network : If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network