253M people worldwide are visually impaired of which 80% can be prevented or cured. Novartis is reimagining the treatment and prevention of visual impairment and blindness. We aim to develop life-changing pharmaceuticals and transformative technologies for diseases and conditions from front to back of the eye. NIBR’s Ophthalmology group is working on treatments for the leading causes of blindness as well as cell and gene therapies for rare diseases, a new frontier in medicine that can enable us to transform eye care for patient.
The Translational Medicine (TM ) Discovery & Profiling (TMDP) group is a team of physicians and clinical researchers who drive that innovation science from discovery to the patient through the selection, profiling and effective development of medicines.
In the role of Ophthalmology (OPHTHA) TM Expert you will develop high value decision-strategies for the Translational Medicine component of drug development projects through the PoC phase.
Your main accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
• Lead global project teams to develop clinical strategy and drive implementation of clinical development plan, providing medical and scientific leadership and oversight; participate in project teams through program life cycle from New Target Review Committee (NTRC) stage to registration. • Be responsible for clinical portions of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) • Implement studies from First-in-man to Proof of concept phase . This may include methodology studies to identify and validate novel endpoints for early decision making in PoC studies.
• Present clinical strategy to to relevant Decision Boards (e.g. DADB, TED).
• Work closely with Biomarker Expert to develop and implement compound related biomarker strategies in implementation.
• Collaborate with research scientists to identify, develop, and implement strategy for preclinical support of program-related objectives. This includes assessment of medical need, proposal of clinical development pathways, and review of preclinical data for clinical implications, and other relevant activities.
• Contribute to Health authority interactions and documents as TM Expert
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements :
What you bring to the role:
Doctoral degree, MD strongly preferred - 5 plus years’ experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company, CRO, or academic medical center, or related experience - Significant contributions to a field over time, creates new concepts - Recognized publications record - Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills - Independence: Able to work independently on study planning and execution, and with supervision on project planning, - Innovation: Seeks out new clinical discovery opportunities and PoC approaches - Demonstrated passion for science
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!