1886! We have more than 130 years of experience treating patients. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in Generics and Biosimilars and is committed to playing a leading role in improving access to medicines worldwide.
As a Business Unit Head, you will lead, manage and develop the overall performance of the business franchise/unit's current and future product portfolio and deliver sales and profits within agreed budgets. You will also lead and develop a high-performing sales and marketing team and build effective and enduring business relationships with key customers/ stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Accountable for delivering the business unit/ franchise sales, market share, and profitability to meet or exceed budget targets. Define, develop and implement short and long-term strategic marketing and sales plans in line with regional & global marketing strategy. Monitor market trends, sales and product performance, conduct regular reviews against plans and take corrective action as required.
• Drive the growth of the BU/ BF by establishing growth plans for existing products, effectively manage their life cycle, successfully launch line extensions and new products; establish and manage effective strategic partnerships.
• Define, drive and oversee the launch planning and execution of upcoming key launches by ensuring seamless cross-functional and (as applicable) cross-divisional collaboration
• Develop and strengthen strategic relationships with customers (e.g., physicians, key accounts, specialty pharmacies, KOLs and payors) to support medical and commercial activities in alignment with compliance guidelines
• Optimize sales force performance and return on investment. Enhance sales force capabilities and continue to develop innovative commercial strategies to ensure success in an evolving healthcare environment
• Partner with other franchise heads and support in the development of an agile, customer-led digital and customer solutions strategy which meets the evolving needs of the business, our customers and patients.
• Responsible for the budget and financial performance of the unit, ensure alignment to all Ethics, Risk & Compliance policies and manage key processes.
• Successfully lead the franchise team, managing all people-management related processes (recruiting, performance management, coaching). Identify and build key capabilities, talent pipeline and ensure proper development of assigned people.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Medicine
• Brand management, commercial experience and/or leadership experience in Healthcare
• Able to understand changing dynamics of Pharmaceutical industry
• Proficient and fluent in English (spoken and written), with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work and lead (a cross-functional team) in a matrix environment
Why consider Sandoz?
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2021 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
“Novartis is aware of employment scams which make false use of our company name or leader’s names to defraud job seekers. Novartis does not make job offers without interview and never asks candidates for money. If you have encountered a job posting or been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information.”