Digital Solutions Associate Director
Digital Solutions Associate Director
Job Description11,000 associates worldwide working together to reimagine medicine! The Global Drug Development (GDD) organization oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners. We transform the lives of people by developing innovative and life-changing medicines.
Novartis is looking for a Digital Solutions Associate Director to join GDD’s Data & Digital Team. This role reports into Head of Transformation and Innovation within the Data & Digital team. You'll work closely within the global remit for GDD and collaboration with multiple innovation partners across the globe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and accelerating data and digital initiatives that impact Novartis drug development.
In this role you will be a core member of the Digital Solutions Team of associates working on innovative initiatives across all areas of drug development. The Digital Solutions Associate Director will be responsible for the execution of digital initiatives and requires the ability to manage and drive initiatives from a wide variety of innovative digital capabilities and drug development disciplines.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
• Acts as a key expert who coordinates and executes activities on digital initiatives with strong project management expertise
• Determines methods and procedures for effective initiative delivery
• Drives the decision-making process within initiatives, including the engagement with, and coordination of multi-disciplinary stakeholders
• Anticipates, identifies, and communicates risks and issues, and formulates mitigation approaches with support of broader initiative and digital team
• Ensures effective team dynamics, performance, communication, collaboration, and prioritization
• Contributes to the formulation and implementation of Data & Digital strategy
• With the support of subject matter experts, defines GDD business problems and needs, and contributes to the development of business cases to fund programs to tackle them
• Identifies opportunities to scale new and existing innovative technologies and capabilities across GDD and Novartis
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Global Line Functions to identify business challenges, match needs with potential digital solutions, and drive scoping activities
• Develops compelling, value-driven business proposals for project funding through the Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model
• Supports digital initiatives across varying areas of technological disciplines (analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, NLP/G) with the core objective of meeting key business needs
• Leads the implementation and scale-up of innovative digital initiatives in collaboration with Global Line Functions and technical delivery teams across the GDD organization in line with the GDD D&D strategy
• Builds trusting relationships and supports team members as needed for effective initiative delivery
• Responsible for collaborating Collaborates effectively with teams to ensure proactive identification of issues, developing mitigation plans and tracking resolutions
• Identifies and implements best practices for innovative project, program and change management
• Participates in initiatives (within and outside of GDD D&D) to identify, develop and implement improvements to ways of working and to accelerate innovative initiatives
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree in business or life sciences or equivalent experience in life science
• 4+ years industry or consulting, and 4+ years project leadership experience with advanced project / program management skills, and ideally change management experience
• 3+ years pharmaceutical experience with an advanced understanding and direct relevant experience with digital technology and pharmaceutical development
• Experience developing, launching, and leading projects/programs within a large scale and complex international and multidisciplinary teams
• Strong experience in engaging and communicating with, and influencing senior leaders
• Cultural sensitivity and appreciation of the power of diversity in teams
• Demonstrable experience of problem definition and problem solving as well as demonstrated experience of scenario development and evaluation, and contingency planning
Why consider Novartis?
799 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis