Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Job Description799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
As a Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for delivering Design thinking and UX/UI Services for Novartis. Leading design thinking workshops and implementing methodologies throughout data analytics functions, the ideal candidate will have a background in UX research, insights and design with strong stakeholder management experience. A facilitator and strong story teller, you will have experience in UX from the initial new product scoping stage through to design and delivery.
*** Please note: Portfolio required with application.
• Run and perform Design Thinking workshops
• Enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, engagement, ease of use, and delight provided in the interaction between our customers and digital platforms.
• Gather, refine, and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers/development team
• Design workflows/sitemaps, wireframes, interfaces, design mockups, and interactions for a global audience across platforms (web, mobile, and desktop)
• Clearly and concisely articulate design principles, prototypes, and presentations to influence stakeholders and peers
• Champion the design thinking process, leveraging empathy to understand how they will interact with project.
• Explore, advance, and provide cutting-edge solutions to meet internal and external goals and objectives.
• Ability to create interactive experiences using HTML and/or prototyping software.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, and Creative Cloud
• Experience designing large-scale systems and application
• Strong capacity for leading change, dealing with ambiguity, and proactively recommending creative solutions versus waiting for direction from others
Minimum requirements• 5-8 years’ experience with at least four years’ of UX design experience designing complex digital solutions.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Creative Cloud, XD
• Has performed UX design role across various domains.
• Ability to do user research, ideate, create productive asset, run design workshop etc.
• Has a recognized portfolio of assets
• Has technical skills that go beyond the proposed role e.g. Visualization, db design. Be the bridge between delivery and end user.
• Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, AdobeXD
• Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences
• Experience on user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: