Data Science & AI Risk Manager
Data Science & AI Risk Manager
Job DescriptionNovartis continues to accelerate its growth in the digital world. As part of our continued growth we're hiring a Data Science & AI Risk Manager within our Data & AI Customer & Technology Solutions team.
We’re building a leading, focused medicines company powered by advanced therapy platforms and data science. To reach this ambition we focus on 5 company-wide strategy priorities; one of which is “Go big on data and digital”. This means embracing data science, digital technologies and artificial intelligence to transform how we innovate, engage and operate.
Our Data Science and AI Risk Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing, implementing and maintaining an effective risk and compliance framework for our Data & AI Operations and projects. This includes supporting ad-hoc business demands in alignment with the company, function and data and AI strategy. The Digital Project Risk and Compliance Manager will support the Ethics, Risk and Compliance Head for Digital in achieving the digital transformation in a compliant and ethical manner.
Your Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing a level of assurance to the Data and AI leadership team by ensuring that the digital initiatives are aligned to the policies, procedures, practices and principles. With this, protect Novartis against potential risks within the Data/AI projects
• Supporting the risk assessments processes and providing assurance that Novartis compliance requirements are integrated in the data/AI project/initiatives
• Maintaining the Risk Library/register and implementing, documenting data/AI risks, prioritising the risks, planning risk mitigation activities (by who and by when), involving digital, business and IT representatives on risk conversation, implementing remediation actions to mitigate the risk, supervising and reporting the remediation activities
• Supporting the digital risk management process in emerging risk areas such as: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data governance/management, Tech-echo-system etc.
• Working closely with the division Ethics, Risk and Compliance colleagues in supporting digital business initiatives in relation to matters of ethics, risk and compliance e.g. strategic projects, programs and partnerships
• Overseeing (where appropriate) preventative and corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks in alignment with the Global Head Ethics, Risk and Compliance Digital
• Ensuring delivery methodologies applied on digital initiatives integrates acceptable and commensurate risk management practices
• Supporting and being responsible for the progress of the remediation of digital observations from internal projects/program reviews
Minimum requirementsWhat You'll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in project management, business, technology risk management, law or other relevant subject matter required
• Five plus years of work in pharmaceutical, device or healthcare industries with relevant exposure to the compliance/risk functions or managed a comparable compliance function at a large scale
• Experience in building effective business and working relationships across functions such as digital, business, IT and risk management
• Experience in a highly regulated industry with its dynamics, regulatory framework with a demonstrated in-depth understanding of applicable legal, regulatory, and compliance matters affecting global pharmaceutical companies with approved products
• Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization and to inspire confidence and support for compliance initiatives
• Experience with project delivery methodology e.g. Agile, Design Thinking
• Ability to oversee business and technology remediation projects and lead them to successful completion in an organized, efficient, and effective manner
• Proficiency in English (oral & written)
Nice to Have:
• Postgraduate degree in Business Administration and\\or Digital transformation, Information/innovation risk management is desired
• Experience in Digital / IT transformations/programs/projects an added advantage e.g. as a Project risk manager or PMO
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network