Job Description1! We are the number 1 generic company in Hungary.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals and biosimilars. Our purpose is to pioneer access for patients by developing and commercializing novel, affordable approaches that address unmet medical need. Our ambition is to be the world’s leading and most valued generics company. Our broad portfolio of high-quality medicines, covering all major therapeutic areas, accounted for 2019 sales of USD 9.7 billion.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Establishes and implements specific areas of the communication plans for the assigned organization or implements a specific communications program.
• Provides a specialist knowledge in one specific area of communications.
• Builds and supports the senior communications professionals in the implementation of communications strategies in a specialist field to support the business.
• Develops and conducts analysis, interpret results and makes recommendations that support establishment of effective internal/external communications programs aligned with the organization’s strategy.
• Coordinates the day-to-day operational business matters for a client group and makes decisions within a small, clearly defined areas.
• Consults the direct manager for sophisticated /sensitive matters.
• Mentors other Communications colleagues in a specialist field, may manage, coach, and mentor.
• Coordinates different initiatives, projects, processes and events owned by the Country Head / Country Sandoz Leadership Team from design to implementation and communication.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Operations Management and Execution of Project Management
• Cross Cultural Experience
• Proficient Hungarian and English (written & spoken)
• Stakeholder Mapping and Segmentation
• Creative Writing for Various Channels
• Visual Communication Developing Concise and Clear Messaging that Drives Engagement & Behavior Channel Utilization Media Relations
• BA/MSc degree
• Social Media management
• Working experience within the pharmaceutical industry
• Strong customer orientation with 3-4 years of relevant experience with the Hungarian Traditional Channels (e.g. Print, Email, Townhalls, Webcasts)
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Group Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network