799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
Our Enterprise Architect will define and manage the overall technology strategy and architecture standards for Sandoz Commercial. Will act as a Single Point of contact for Business Partner for Sandoz Commercial to define the enterprise architecture by bringing teams together and driving the definition of the best solution to meet the business needs and deliver business outcomes and will ensure the efficient and effective elaboration, validation, and communication of the Enterprise Architecture for Sandoz Commercial.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set overall standards and direction of Enterprise Architecture for Sandoz Commercial, ensuring the right IT investments driven from business priorities.
• Define and manage the Enterprise Architecture Baseline, Target Architecture and Roadmap (including conceptual & Logical), covering capabilities, applications and platforms, services, data, technologies, etc. and architecture-relevant relations for Sandoz Commercial in enterprise repository, as well as define a retirement / exit strategy in existing business / technology solutions, as well as, define and communicate patterns, standards, and adoption guidelines for Sandoz Commercial.
• Participate in the Technology Evaluation for the business / technical solutions ensuring a wholistic approach is applied.
• Ensure adherence to ISRM, Legal, ethics and other compliance policies and procedures in defining architecture standards, patterns, and solutions.
• Ensure solutions developed strictly adheres to the Novartis platform strategies, DigitalCode, data / technology principles and our API strategy for integration.
• Coordinate with other teams to ensure right business and technical capabilities are incorporated into the solution with appropriate scaling model for future increase in capacity; Ensure business processes, business requirements & outcomes are defined to drive the architecture definition.
• Functional responsibility for support and mentoring the solution architects and data modelers to expand depth and breadth of skills and Sponsor specific programs outside domain through mentorship and via community of practice, best practice etc.
• Ensure Architecture elements are captured in enterprise repository (e.g. ADOIT, ERWIN, EBX), minimally: Architecture Strategy, Target Conceptual & Logical Architecture and roadmaps, Technology Standards, Architecture Principles & Patterns, Data Models & Business Glossary, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University / master’s degree or adequate equivalent work experience as architect. First degree in Computer Science or Engineering would be beneficial.
• Experience supporting global, cross divisional enterprise and business Architecture.
• Experience working across a variety of cloud Architecture.
• Leadership experience across technology selection and architecture.
• Experience in defining and managing application and Data Architecture
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis