Novartis Technical Operations (NTO) brings billions of units of medicine to countries around the world.
• Provide financial justification to strategic projects at the site.
• Lead and perform annual/ad-hoc standard costing in accordance with Global Product Costing Accounting Manual.
• Develop / update the site’s financial plan (TGT, LF1/2, Mid/Long-term plan) without any significant disconnects.
• Provide professional advice to internal stakeholders in area of product costing, day-to-day operations, cost improvements.
• Support the business side to operationalise financial initiatives, enhance the operational excellence, and deliver on its financial commitments.
• Perform the assigned area of monthly closing activities in collaboration with FRA.
• Maintain the site’s internal controls in compliance with NFCM, and deal with internal / external audit.
• Analyse monthly financial performance vs. annual plan / latest forecast.
• Prepare a monthly report to Global & Regional NTO stakeholders and review with site finance head / finance manager (and site leadership team)
Lead the site to achieve the following objectives through managing site KPIs, CapEx, Product cost, and Internal control.
- Achieve the annual and mid/long-term financial objectives of Sasayama plant.
- Improve the product cost management mechanism to fit with business models.
- Assure accurate and consistent accounting at the site along with external/internal accounting & business rules such as Companies Act, IFRS, SOX, and NFCM.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Accounting knowledge (Equivalent to 2nd grade of Nissho bookkeeping)
• 2-3 years of experience in Managerial & Cost Accounting and/or in analytical, detail-oriented business reporting.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry in general and NPKK/SKK business in particular
• Knowledge of Novartis Accounting Manual, Novartis Global Product Cost Accounting Manual, NFCM, IFRS, SOX, J-GAAP/J-SOX, and the Japanese Companies Act
• Knowledge of SAP and business applications to fulfill the responsibilities
• Open communication, speak-up, and teamwork mentality.
• Self-actualisation and willingness to challenge status quo.
• Adaptability – be flexible to changes in business environment, concept, and tools. Show fundamental desire to add value to organization..
• Integrity and accountability.
• University degree
English: Business level