Competency Training Manager, Oncology
Competency Training Manager, Oncology
Job DescriptionWith over 200 clinical trial programs worldwide, over 70 of which are in Oncology, Novartis continues to be at the forefront of driving innovation
The Competency Training Manager will be responsible for building new capabilities in the Oncology Business Unit and strengthen them through delivering appropriate training programs. It is required not only to design a comprehensive competency development programs that unleash the potential strengths of employees, but also to plan and implement training programs to achieve the goal, followed by hands-on support of training participants.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify core competencies, capabilities and skills that are critical to the organization in the rapidly changing its business environment, analyze the gap between as-is and to-be.
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to design and execute effective programs to enhance the identified capabilities in need.
• Plan and implement training programs to enhance First Line Manager's leadership and coaching skills.
• Develop and implement training programs and hands-on support to enhance communication skills Field Force.
• Share designed plans and expected outcomes with Capability Development Group members, senior managers, senior management, P&O function and other stakeholders for further improvement.
• Introduce effective overseas programs outside of Japan in close communication and collaboration with the Global Team.
• Work closely with Brand Training members to produce a synergistic effect on planning and implementation.
• Manage training plans, training records and budget
• Ensure adequate reporting of adverse events / technical complaint / compliance issue in accordance with company procedures
• 100% timely delivery of all training requirements including compliance
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Fluency in Japanese is a must and at least business level proficiency in English (TOEIC 700+) is preferable
• More than 3 years of practical experience in either business development, data analysis or marketing
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
• More than 3 years of practical experience in planning and implementing competency development programs, not limited to the pharmaceutical industry is preferable
• Familiarity with digital technology is preferable
• Manager level (experience as line manager is preferable)
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network