Job DescriptionAbout Novartis:
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, cost-saving generic and biosimilar pharmaceuticals and eye care. Novartis has leading positions globally in each of these areas. In 2016, the Group achieved net sales of USD 48.5 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 9.0 billion. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are sold in approximately 155 countries around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.novartis.com.
Novartis Business Services IT (NBS IT) is working to support Novartis to deliver better patient outcomes through innovative use of information and technology. As technology is reshaping the healthcare industry, IT will be a differentiator for our businesses, inspiring new ideas and enabling Novartis to reimagine medicine.
• Develop architectural solutions for a less complex business area or support architectural services or governance activities. Support the elaboration of business solution architectures.
• Utilize architecture patterns to suggest the most adequate utilization of technical platforms in support of the holistic solution architecture design.
• Contribute to maintain the pattern catalogue in the respective domain. Design, maintain and enhance data dictionaries, physical and logical database models. Background on training Artificial Intelligence Models as a support to Data Scientists
• Being able to work on any cloud technology like Azure Machine Learning, Amazon (AWS) Sage maker specifically for AI Development or even AWS/Azure in general. Experience with DevOps & CI/CD pipelines
• Programming experience in Python/R. Experience in SQL. Expertise in Analyzing Data (conducting Exploratory Data Analysis). Familiarity with AI/Model Training Workloads
• Experience developing ETL Data Pipelines & Machine Learning/Model Retraining Pipelines. Exposure to dealing with Security, Networking, Computes & Scalability with AI Models. Experience in building MLOps processes/implementations.
Minimum requirements• Any graduation / post-graduation in the relevant domain
• 8 – 11 years of overall experience in IT
• Proven skills & experience in AI & ML solution design and architecture based solution using Azure Cloud capabilities AML / AKS
• Hands on experience with Deep learning, data mining, NLP, its concepts, techniques and implementation.
• Proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes
• Collaborate in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to tackle team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies.
• Innovates and recommends advanced predictive analytics, computational science, Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning and deep learning techniques to answer research questions and synthesize insights that achieve business objectives.
• Establishes scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large-scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Be ultimately accountable for the full lifecycle of the solution
• Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive.
• Manage a small staff of data scientists in support of the above activities.
• Good level of expertise in Advanced Analytics Technologies, including Data architecture, system design, On-Prem and Cloud integration.
• Familiar with Micro-Service Oriented Architecture, containerization and serverless architectures.
• Good knowledge of applications in a Big Data environment.
• Familiarity with concepts of data and system security and compliance in highly regulated environments
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!