Associate Clinical Development Medical Director
Associate Clinical Development Medical Director
Job Description46,000! That’s the number of patients in clinical trials at Novartis. Our vision is to engage these patients, making sure we have the right patients, in the right trials, at the right sites, at the right time. In Clinical Development & Analytics, our aim is to design innovative, patient friendly clinical development plans to rapidly bring outstanding treatments to patients, caregivers and healthcare systems. To achieve this goal we rely on a dedicated team of experts, including the Clinical Development Medical Director.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the strategic planning and management of the assigned clinical program(s) from an end-to-end clinical development perspective. You will have oversight of the clinical development for the assigned programs and drive execution of the clinical development plan. In addition, you will enable an empowered organization, which can navigate in a matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing clinical leadership and strategic medical input for all clinical deliverables in the assigned project or section of a clinical program
• Leading development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents
• Driving execution the assigned clinical program and/or clinical trial in partnership with global line functions, assigned Global Trial Directors and regional/country medical associates, where applicable
• Supporting Senior Global Program Clinical Head in ensuring overall safety of the molecule for the assigned section, and may act as a core member of the Safety Management Team supporting overall program safety reporting in collaboration with Patient Safety colleagues
• Supporting the Clinical Development Head by providing medical input into Clinical Development Plan Integrated Development Plan and Clinical Trial Protocol reviews and contributing to/driving development of disease clinical standards for new disease areas
• As a medical expert, supporting the Sr GPCH or CDH in interactions with external and internal stakeholders and decision boards
• May work with NIBR (Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research)/ Translational Medical Sciences) to drive transition of pre-PoC (Proof of Concept) projects to DDP (Development Decision Point) and with BD&L (Business Development & Licensing) including target identification and due diligences together with other medical matters, as needed.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you'll bring:
• MD or equivalent medical degree is required, in addition to advanced knowledge and clinical training in medical/scientific area; Clinical practice experience ≥ 4 years (including residency) preferred
• Fluent oral and written English
• Minimum requirement of 3+ years of experience in clinical research or drug development will be commensurate with level
• Working knowledge of one of the above listed disease areas is desirable, with proven ability to interpret, discuss and present efficacy & safety data relating to clinical trial(s)
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective scientific partnerships with key stakeholders
• Working knowledge of GCP, clinical trial design, statistics, and regulatory and clinical development processes
• Previous global people management experience is preferred, though this may include management in a matrix environment.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, pension scheme, share scheme, health insurance, 25 days annual leave, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme and learning and development opportunities as well.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis
Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network