Capability Building Head Data Science AI
Capability Building Head Data Science AI
Job Description100,000. That’s the number of our associates that can gain digital confidence through our development of
effective learning and knowledge programmes.
We have high ambitions to transform the way we help people learn, and we’re building a team who have the
imagination, grit and expertise to make that a reality, fast.
As the Global Capability Building Head in Data Science and AI, you will be a critical part of our digital
transformation journey at Novartis.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) are already transforming the way medicine is being
discovered, developed and brought to patients. We need to build understanding of DSAI and develop talent
across our organisation, and support those already leading the charge - our practicing data scientists and
engineers. If we succeed we’ll accelerate the pace at which we can deliver new medicines to the world and
maintain our competitive edge.
As part of the global Digital Capability Team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Digital Capability, this
role plays a critical part in the Digital transformation at Novartis.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement a global strategy for building capability in DSAI. What do we want our future to look
like, and what’s the coherent model for educating our people that will get us there?
• Co-design the capability DSAI capability needs with expert members of the Digital Office and other global
• Lead a global governance board of subject matter experts in Data Science and AI, to identify, develop and
validate learning and capability partnerships and solutions for Novartis.
• Lead the integration and partnering with universities and commercial organisations in order to build and
scale world-class DSAI education and skills across Novartis.
• Advise and influence global teams across Novartis as they plan their strategy and activities related to
• Lead the delivery of explanatory content for associates, articulating in simple, human ways how Novartis
uses DSAI to deliver our purpose.
Minimum requirementsMinimum requirements
· Significant experience in designing and developing corporate learning programmes.
· Experience with leading creative teams in a Product Management role.
· Experience of working and influencing senior leadership teams either directly, or as a consultant.
· Direct experience working on projects that delivered across digital touch-points (web, intranet, app).
· Credible, working knowledge of Data Science, associated technologies and their strategic impact in
· Good working knowledge of modern collaborative project management workflow tools (GIT, Kanban
· Experience of working in a corporate matrix environment, supporting/reporting to senior leaders.
· Experience of working in, or contributing to, projects related to Talent Management or Organisational
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave,
Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of
digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve
and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought
together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and
data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people
who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its
exceptional employee offerings!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
#LI-NOV = Novartis