Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardio-Renal-Metabolic
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Cardio-Renal-Metabolic
Job Description1 - Cardiovascular diseases is now the number one cause of death globally. The Novartis Cardio-Renal-Metabolic (CRM) team look to lead the way in developing treatments for a huge area of unmet medical need. As part of the field based medical team, you will play a highly visible role, building scientific partnerships with Healthcare Professionals and decision makers through evidence based scientific exchange activities.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role. The key objective, is to build partnerships with external Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) such as clinical investigators, disease area experts, and key decision makers so as to communicate evidence based critical scientific, medical, technical and developmental issues. Within this role, the associate works with HCPs utilising scientific exchange to improve patient care solutions, based upon sound scientific, medical and pharmaceutical evidence. All exchanges must be scientifically up to date, balanced and of a non-promotional nature
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining long-term professional relationships with investigators, medical specialists and healthcare professionals. Utilising superior therapy area and product knowledge to engage with HCPs through non-promotional evidence based scientific dialogue and presentations. Discussing scientific research concepts and ideas with investigators
• Collaborating with Novartis colleagues to actively support meetings by collecting and interpreting insights, competitive intelligence, presentations as well as results. Maintaining close cross-functional working with office medical colleagues along with Sales and Marketing
• Providing medical support as part of a cross-functional team to relevant clinical development studies including: feasibility and quality research site recommendations, TA/product training for site staff, medical educational activities to support patient recruitment, strategic support for priority trials and dissemination of study results
• Administering medical support to the Brand Franchise team including Identification of HCPs and Advisory boards
• Acting as a field-based reference point for non-promotional scientific and clinical expertise to field force
• Identifying and tracking potential research opportunities aligned with Novartis molecule development objectives through facilitating IITs and MTA research
• Implementing as well as supporting scientific projects according to corporate global strategies including registries, epidemiology projects, preclinical or translational research
• Ensuring that prevailing legislation, GCP, the Ethical Committee, SOP and local WP requirements along with ABPI Code of Practice requirements are fulfilled
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree or equivalent in a relevant degree field (Medical, Pharmacy, Medical Science, Scientific Affairs). Medically qualified/qualified Pharmacist or possession of a PhD qualification (scientific/medical background) is desirable but not required.
• Previous experience as an MSL or industry / therapy area experience is required
• The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard
• Demonstrative external customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with KOLs
• Capacity to maintain the highest ethical standards, with a working knowledge of relevant clinical regulations and industry standards including Good Clinical Research Practice as well as the ABPI Code of Practice
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
For the Eighth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2021)!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
#LI-NOV = Novartis