Data Engineering Manager - Conceirge Service
Data Engineering Manager - Conceirge Service
Job Description20 years of untapped data across the bio pharma value chain waiting to be explored. The digital revolution is changing everything, especially in pharmaceuticals, and Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation. With this mission, we are setting up a Data as a Service team at Novartis Hyderabad, which would work with the Chief Digital Office, Novartis Business units and industry leading technology partners, to drive the execution of Novartis’ data strategy , turning its rich data resources into real strategic assets to drive actionable insights across the organization. This ambition is one of key pillars in the broader digital transformation happening at Novartis to be a ‘medicines and data science company.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Bring deep domain understanding and expertise in at least one of the following areas – a) Pharma R&D, b) Manufacturing, Procurement and Supply Chain and c) Clinical/drug development. Translate business problems into Data Science problems and identify optimal data science methods to solve them
• Act as consultant who brings diverse knowledge of business understanding, domain expertise and technical knowledge to suggest and co-create optimal solutions by collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Communicate business impact and value delivered to various stakeholders and CONEXTS leadership. Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving, dealing with ambiguity and co-owning solutions
• Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and teams to understand requirements and partner with delivery teams to implement solutions
• Collaborate and work closely with CTS counterparts like data science teams, digital teams, IT and data engineering teams
• Define and shape specific data science and Artificial Intelligence use cases by working closely with stakeholders in Novartis business domains. Build trusted partnership with the stakeholders
• Ability to scan and understand existing algorithms/code repositories in Novartis and public domains to repurpose and apply them to new business problems to deliver agility and efficiency in implementing solutions. Hands-on technical expertise to deliver data science and analytical solutions.
• Manage quality and consistency of CONEXTS data/data science services delivery to all stakeholders. Conduct brainstorming sessions with businesses to collect pain points, prioritize them and develop use cases
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to Novartis:
Education (minimum/desirable): Masters/ PhD in Computer Sciences / IT or other quantitative sciences
Experience / Skills:
• 6+ years of experience in global company as data scientist, consultant, analyst, insights or techno-business roles
• Understanding of data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical), databases and building ML pipelines
• Strong understanding of data science, machine learning (supervised and unsupervised), deep learning and artificial intelligence
• Programming skills in Python/R and required data science libraries is strongly preferred
• Experience in working with data, ETL process and programming skill for data preparation and analysis.
• Business understanding of pharmaceutical industry and data standards. Proven track record in at least one of the following areas – a) Pharma R&D, b) Manufacturing, Procurement and Supply Chain and c) Clinical and Drug Development. Experience in working in Pharma / Life Science industry strongly preferred
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network