ED, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic
ED, Patient Specialty Services (PSS), Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic
Job Description1.4 million patients are projected to be supported by Novartis Patient Specialty Services (PSS) by 2023. Importantly, PSS is increasingly providing strategic leadership, execution and resources to help appropriate patients access, initiate and remain on the Novartis medications needed to improve their lives. Today a significant percentage of patients are unable to access appropriate treatments and are lost before their first prescription is filled, with a majority lost at year one. Losing a majority of patients for preventable reasons is unacceptable and we know patients deserve better.
Imagine a dynamic strategy that dedicates greater technology, creativity, and talent to drive the innovative HCP and patient support to access, in order to allow appropriate patients to start and stay on their medications. Enhancing critical capabilities around the patient and HCP experience “post prescription” is the exact vision of Novartis PSS and the reason we are seeking top talent for the role Executive Director, PSS, Cardio Renal & Metabolic (CRM). Patients are the core of what we do here at Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to build, de-sign, implement, and run dynamic end-to-end patient support offerings to help support patient success.
Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? Do you want the opportunity to lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders? If so, we want to hear from you!
This Executive Director role serves as the owner and leader for the end-to-end patient journey inclusive of all PSS elements for the franchise, including co-pay, adherence, e-services, hub operations,, external landscape/monitoring, overall program strategy & market dynamics, program design, and then tight monitoring and performance management. This role is a member of the franchise leadership team and will be accountable for collaboratively working with all stakeholders, with significant focus on ensuring tight alignment with the franchise team, PSS Centers-of-Excellence and market access. Ultimately delivering superior operational excellence across the portfolio of products while balancing the need to optimize all investments based on impact across the franchise spend of services in PSS.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Lead a patient support program team that envisions and creates a value-added patient and HCP focused support strategy. These advanced post prescription experience programs (getting-on and staying-on appropriate therapy) will be created in partnership and alignment to our franchise brand team and PSS CoE partners. This leader will serve our partners as a subject matter expert while ensuring alignment and enthusiasm for best-in-class PSS programs.
• Drive enterprise and franchise strategic integration of PSS strategy, vision and performance updates. This includes ensuring we meet all financial budget responsibilities and live excellent partnership and leadership across legal, regulatory and compliance standards
• Execute a technology forward and consumer-like suite of patient services programs that enhance the patient experience and outcomes via increased first-fill rate, time to first fill, and increased adherence rates. Achieve this via partnership with PSS centers of excellence on thought leadership, validation & testing and oversight of technology, customer, and data services
• Support broad US patient services strategic priorities, budgets, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Including the transformation to internally owned, embedded, and customizable suite of technology and customer experience eCommerce capabilities.
• Exhibit change leadership and transformational skills to lead the franchise and PSS teams through internalizing technology and patient customer experience capabilities. While also monitoring external market trends across the patient services landscape to consistently benchmark our strategic choices.
• Ensure patient services strategy and impact is engrained in pipeline product planning and patient and specialty service vision, realties and expectations are embedded in pipeline development and decision making.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• BS degree, MBA preferred
• 10+ years of Pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry
• 5+ years in a multi-functional roles of sales, access, , marketing or operations
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of US healthcare system and patient services
• In-depth functional knowledge across patient services, specialty/retail pharmacy channel (based on franchise), hub and vendor management, patient service program design and management
• Ability to effectively complete competitive landscape and assessment in developing/adjusting strategy
• Ability to design and develop programs for pipeline brands
• Ability to develop, adjust, and tightly monitor programs for in-line brands
• Experience in driving results in a matrix organization
• Understanding and working knowledge of commercialization process, market access, clinical develop-ment, patient access/Affordability and pricing and contracting approaches.
• Financial and P&L Management experience a plus.
• Experience identifying new ways to include consumer tech a plus
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020 and while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.