Data Scientist, II
Data Scientist, II
Job Description20+ brands catering to 50+ disease areas! The team of Novartis specialists within Insights & Analytics are on a data and digital transformation journey, leveraging analytics to generate actionable insights for Novartis medicines impacting more than 500 million patients worldwide. The team is poised to enable easier, faster and reliable decisions for Novartis divisions across the globe.
Your responsibilities include but not are limited to:
• Understands complex and critical business problems from a variety of stakeholders and business functions, formulate integrated analytical approach to mine data sources, employ statistical methods and machine learning algorithms to contribute solving unmet medical needs, discover actionable insights and automate process for reducing effort and time for repeated use.
• High agility to be able to work across various business domains. Integrate business presentations, smart visualization tools and contextual storytelling to translate findings back to business users with a clear impact.
• Independently set strategy, manage budget, ensuring appropriate staffing and coordinating projects within the area supervised.
• Innovate by transforming the way to solve a problem using Data Science & Artificial Intelligence.
• Articulates solutions /recommendations to business users. Presents analytical content concisely and effectively to non-technical audiences and influences non-analytical business leaders to drive major strategic decisions basis analytical inputs
• Coordinates, prioritize and efficiently allocates the team resources to critical initiatives: plans resources proactively, anticipates and actively manages change, sets stakeholder expectations as required, identifies operational risks and enable the team to drives issues to resolution, balances multiple priorities and minimizes surprise escalations
• Proactively evaluates the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of the Novartis data sciences practices. Contribute to the development of Novartis data science capabilities.
• Provides agile consulting, guidance and non-standard exploratory analysis for unplanned urgent problem. Independently identifies research articles and reproduce /apply methodology to Novartis business problems
Minimum requirementsWhat You’ll bring to the role:
• English Effective communication
• 10+ years of relevant experience in Data Science Information & Decision Theories
• Added experience in Data Visualisation, Machine Learning & Deep Learning Big Data Applied Mathematics Predictive Modelling, Data Management
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership
• Attention to detail and quality focused, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong influence, negotiation and diplomacy skills
• Excellent people management skills with positive leadership, innovative, and collaborative behaviors & strong “can-do” orientation.
• Ability to present and work with Senior Leadership teams
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network