ED, Marketing Cardio Metabolic & Renal
ED, Marketing Cardio Metabolic & Renal
Job DescriptionIn the US, 15M patients are diagnosed with ASCVD and have above-target LDL-C goal despite the avail-ability of multiple treatment options.
The Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic Franchise has a rich history and promising future in launching new brands. We are looking for a highly innovative marketer who will play an important role in helping improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a team that puts patients first and puts a strong focus on customer-centric initiatives? Do you want the opportunity to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners?
The Executive Director, Marketing CRM will be accountable for the development and implementation of overall brand strategy, marketing mix and operational brand plans, to optimize sales, market share and/or revenue growth for the launch of Inclisiran. This position will closely partner with the Inclisiran agile team across all functions to support seamless integration of brand and communications strategies and play a key role in standing up a new business model for lipid management across the US. This role will have 3 direct reports and will be responsible for leading associates to ensure effective performance and talent development.
Your key responsibilities:
Strategy and Plans
• Ensures broad and impactful high tech solutions and uses technology deeply to drive product demand at launch to ensure success of the brand
• Demonstrate bold decision making to challenge traditional launch marketing paradigms and chooses novel approaches to bring Inclisiran to the market
• Responsible for ensuring seamless strategy integration across entire agile team to deliver an integrated customer experience at launch
• Has the overall ownership of brand vision, strategy, positioning, strategic imperatives and planning processes (i.e. Unified Patient Journey (UPJ), Integrated Product Strategy (IPS)) to achieve commercial/financial objectives
• Leads the overall oversight on the development of key brand/portfolio tactics, taking into account deep customer-centric insights on the drivers and barriers to achieve short- and long-term marketing success
• Lead cross-functional messaging integration across access, medical, and HEOR to ensure one voice to external customers
• Lead the US team, in collaboration with the global team, to define a lifecycle management plan for the asset
Internal and External Relations
• Collaborates with Global to provide US representation on development of worldwide franchise strategy and issues related to both short and long-term portfolio/brand development.
• Leads partnership and engagement with extended brand team members and cross-functional partners (Sales, Training, Finance, Managed Markets, Patient Services, Communications, Health Policy, Medical and others) to develop and drive an aligned strategy for the portfolio/brand.
• Utilizes and builds on existing relationships with key partners including external agencies, healthcare systems personnel and KOLs to find opportunities to collaborate on advancements in patient care, and to shape brand strategies and LCM activities.
Monitoring and Control
• Monitors and controls expenditure in line with agreed budget by making trade-off decisions to adjust ongoing project investments based on commercial value
• Monitors portfolio and brand performance, driven environment and customer base to quickly identify needed changes to strategic direction or tactical implementation.
People and Organization
• Builds a best in class marketing organization through talent acquisition, retention of high-performers, succession planning and development of associates to become the most admired and respected leader in the industry
• Cultivates an inclusive high-performance environment that values and leverages diversity
• Provides personal leadership to champion innovation, and inspires and motivates teams to build an excellence-oriented and customer-focused culture
• Ensures full team alignment to and ownership of NPC Code of Conduct and all Legal, Ethics and Compliance Policies
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Business related field), MBA or related Master’s Degree preferred
• 10 – 12+ years’ operational marketing experience with focus on extensive product/brand management including customer facing/sales experience
• US Launch experience highly preferred and understanding of US markets
•Strong ability to coordinate with Global Franchises and matrix partners
• Experience launching new products, therapeutic knowledge specifically, Cardiovascular and/or Chronic Diseases
• Experience with Marketing to healthcare systems and/or with marketing buy and bill products
• Experience shaping and implementing outstanding distribution and patient service models
• Consistent track record handling multiple therapy areas and/or products, including exposure across all stages of the product lifecycle (i.e. launch, growth, maturity, decline)
• Strong understanding of the concepts of brand and system contribution and P&L
• Experience in other functions, sales, patient access, medical, KAM desirable.
• Demonstrated success and experience in leading across product marketing and matrix teams
• Consistent track record of collaboration, influencing without authority, and working in cross functional teams
• Ability to analyze and interpret amounts of complex market and financial data
• Strong written and oral communications to shape and articulate a clear strategy/story.
• Track record of attracting and developing talent and building high performance teams.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building teams diverse teams of varied strengths, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an expansive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.